Thursday, July 31, 2008

More pictures for you

Okay, here it is. Disney has this brilliant photo system for suckers just like me. All of their photographers (who are at all the different character meet & greets etc.) have these scanner things that they wear on their belts. The first time you meet a character where they take your pictures, they give you a card with a bar code and number code. For the rest of the day, any place they take pictures, you give them your card and they scan it in. In a couple of days (or the next morning in our case) the pictures are all uploaded to their photopass website. You simply put in the number on your card and it brings up your album. So... instead of being too tired and grouchy to care about going to see your pictures at a booth before you leave or just plain forgetting about it at the end of the day, you can wait till you're all refreshed and re-living your happy memories to look through all your pictures (those people know how to make money I tell ya'!) You can upload your own photos to the site too and they all stay there for 30 days. It costs a ridiculous amount for one print (like literally 50 times more than normal developing and I am not exaggerating). They DO let you take your own pictures and videos and will even take a pic. on your camera of everyone if you ask but somehow, they always manage to get the best angles, expressions, etc. Because the last time Kay only saw Mickey & Minnie and Pluto, there weren't that many photos and so it wasn't as hard to choose. This time there were 70! Well, much to my delight, Kevin discovered that you could buy a CD with all the pictures (no matter how many you have) for the cost of just a few prints. It comes with a release (of the copyright) so that you can print them off at stores without any problems. What's more - on the website they have all kinds of cool borders that you can add. Most of them aren't actually whole borders but more little add ons - for instance the date or the character's "autograph". The system is smart enough that each time you pull up a picture that's a different character, the autograph changes to their signature. So, they let you go in and edit or add any border to any picture and all the originals along with copies that you added borders to are on the CD. So I went "border happy" because I have all the originals and I don't have to print them with the stuff added on if I don't want. I put them onto several slideshows. There are several things about the slideshows:

I put them into five in case you don't have time, get bored with them etc.

Some of the captions are weird because at the beginning I labeled all the originals; that got old soon but each time there is one with a border, the original is the one right before it.

As I already mentioned, I went "border happy". I was too lazy to go through and choose which ones were "bad" shots or were duplicates so you will see a LOT of them twice - the original picture and then the one I added to.

I mixed the princess ones with Winnie the Pooh and then with Tigger. I didn't want to do it that way but I had 2 more Disney princess songs. I really wanted to use both songs and it didn't make sense to put one with Pooh and Tigger so they are all mixed together.

I figured out that I needed to choose a slideshow that adapted to horizontal & vertical pictures so that will take care of half of a picture getting cut off. Most of all: I hope they don't seem to repetitive but if they are, maybe you will at least enjoy the music! If you're going to watch any of them, make sure you watch the princess ones (the last two)!
"Teaser Pictures" :)

3 comments:

The Taylors said...

Hoorah for new pictures!! Net, if you are out there, we are still watching yours! :-)

Lynette said...

I haven't seen the princess ones yet because my alotted blogging time is up but I absolutely love the pluto one,especially with the "Where dreams come true" border.

Aimee said...

Very cute pics! The borders really add to the pics, but yours are just fine too! These are moments and memories you'll always cherish.

I never get bored of your blogs, FYI=)