Thursday, July 10, 2008

Feeling emotional! :)

As I have been seeing all of these pictures from around the time of our wedding, I have been feeling extremely sad and wishing for those days again - not for sentimental reasons mind you but because...............I WAS SKINNY ! :) You see, it seems as if more than just our love has grown over the past 4 years. But oh for those days again where I could have a few innocent drinks (of soda of course) and Pespi was still my friend not an enemy of my hips and stomach. Life was so much more simple then. We had it all: meat, pasta, bread, desert and none of it could stand between us and then, I don't know what happened. A few birthdays came and went, a baby came, and our food started making us grow apart. Oh, we can still get our arms around each other but there is a little more "between us" when we hug. :) I should speak only for myself since Kevin is not here to defend himself but I will just say that I am not the only one who has "added" to the distance between us. I never thought that a few "harmless" other loves - like rolls and pepsi and pasta - would turn on me one day. But now here I sit (that's part of the problem), wishing for those days again. But wishing only leaves me empty - um actually, in this case, wishing means I'm sitting around full but not doing anything about it. So here's to the old days - when food was still my friend, exercise came easily, and we were skinny and in love (don't even get me started on young and in love).
P. S. I will share more "serious" pictures from our anniversary - after we go to dinner tonight! (See what I mean?)


Actually a funny story behind this - maybe someday I will
share it but I fear I bore everyone enough as it is. In my
defense, I did not know the pepsi was going to be this big!


It was the whole "spell" that Disney casts over you
to make me need "Mickey Mouse ice cream".


I'm not even sure what to say about this except
that I didn't even eat quite half of this - there that
makes me sound better huh?

6 comments:

Betty said...

Know the feeling about the added pounds. Unfortunately the years tend to always add more pounds. I guess either Rod & I are happily married or just love to eat!

The Taylors said...

Oh beck, you make me laugh! I envy your way with words, alas I am only stuck with the ability to make folks cry (and then only on occassion, which I guess is good).

Leah & Jon said...

Had a very good eye watering chuckle out of this one! Thanks!

That's all I'm gonna say. . . I'm starting to get worried that I'll jinx myself if I say anything about weight!

Lynn H said...

Becky, stop it, you make me feel old. AND YOU'RE NOT ANY OLDER THAN ME! Do you remember living on ramen noodles and Wendy's hamburgers in apartment 404 on Bethel Way? Our theme song then: "This one's for the girl about 25, in a little apartment, just trying to get by.."

Becky said...

How well I remember Lynn! And you're exactly right - I loved that song just for that reason. It so described me at the time!

Lynette said...

I ,along with the others, had a laugh.You kill me!