Sunday, July 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Kevin!


Kevin turned 33 today. Rod Brown had talked to me and suggested going to Chuck E. Cheese's. The reason for that is because several times when we have been at the Brown's and something has come up about Chuck E. Cheese's, Kevin has mentioned that he has never been there. A couple of different times they were like, "You have NEVER been to Chuck E. Cheese?" and then Rod told him that one day they would take him there. Well, I hadn't thought about that till Rod brought it up so kind of as a joke but also because we knew everyone would enjoy it, the Browns, Rach & John, and us all met at Chuck E. Cheese's (Kevin didn't know we were all meeting there ahead of time.) Rach and John had made a [awesome] cake. They took the Indiana Jones toy that Kevin had saved for John out of a Burger King kid's meal (see a previous blog by Rach) and used it to make an Indiana Jones cake. It was VERY AMAZING complete with a "river" with a crocodile, railroad tracks, and two hills - and it was very tasty and moist as well. (Thanks a ton Rach and John!) We all had a great time. Kay-Kay was very excited to meet Chuck E. Cheese even though she had never been there or never seen him before. (I think it felt like Disney World to her because she hugged him and even followed him across the restaurant once to talk to him about her ball.) She also loved the "green screen" they had where you stood there and sang or whatever and it put you on the tv screen with whatever was playing at the time. I am including two different slideshows with pictures (that way, hopefully it won't take them as long to load.) Once again, some of the pictures will look cut off because up & down pictures (guess that would make them vertical pictures huh?) get cut off quite a bit. That's why I included the picture of Kevin with his cake on this post because a lot of it is cut off in the slideshow. Overall, we had SUCH a great time! Kevin reminds me each year of the year (2003) that he told me that was the last birthday he wanted to spend by himself and by his next birthday we were very, newly married. I hope all his birthdays as a "married man" have been happy and I wish him many more. Happy birthday Sweetie! We love you!
P. S. Yes, I know that I spelled Chuck E. Cheese wrong on the slide shows. Even though I know the correct way to spell it, my brain wasn't working very well at 3:30 in the morning. My apologies if it bugs you as much as it bugs me.

5 comments:

The Taylors said...

You're slowing down, lost your camera? LOL :-) Ready for new pics!

Becky said...

Am slowly developing a complex about my constant blogging. :)

The Taylors said...

Hey, it is the internet, one seeks you out, which I might add they do not have to of they are not so inclined.

Lynette said...

Yah!I have been diappointed the last couple of times I have checked the blog that usually changes the most frequently,only to find it not changed.You better get back to it:)

Becky said...

Yeah, well my I got my picture CD from Disney photopass today so I am dying to show those pictures (especially since I added all those cool borders) but I know I already have a bunch posted.