Friday, July 18, 2008

Makin' a splash!

This is what I heard today coming from the "master" bathroom: giggle, giggle, splash, splash, lots of yelling and the water running in the jacuzzi. Now that's nothing new. Usually what that means is that Kaelyn is standing OUTSIDE of the tub with the water on while she sticks her hand (or a toy) in the water. The most harm done in that scenario is that the water splashes on the mirrors and I have to clean them off. When I heard that sound I thought nothing of it. Actually I had already gone in and turned the water off a couple of times earlier. So... when I heard the water running again, I did what any bad mom would do and just stayed out in the living room doing what I was doing. After I had heard the water running for a good 10 minutes or so I decided that she had had enough fun - I had no idea HOW MUCH fun she was having! Yep, you guessed it - she was in a very full tub in her nightgown having a ball. Please don't think that I'm not aware that that could be a drowning hazard; it's just that she's never been bright enough before to realize she could turn this gigantic bathtub into a fun wading pool so it's never been an issue. I WILL keep a closer watch now! Thankfully though, she was safe and just having the time of her life. I watched for a bit before I thought to go get my camera and video. Sorry about all the background noise but the water was still running at first.




Click to play Kaelyn goes for a swim



Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox



4 comments:

The Taylors said...

Teach you to assume you know what your 3 year old is up to!! LOL :-P What a kid you have, she is great! Hey, I think that maybe your video didn't load, either that or my computer is on the blink, it got through the add then played and played the background but no video clip. You will be amused that the add is for tylenol and the benefits of a long hot bath. :-)

Becky said...

Yeah it did that to me one of the times I went to play it. I put it onto a slideshow format so if it doesn't play automat., after the introduction plays, click the button to go to the next page. When it moves to the next page, that is where the video clip will be (if it didn't play)and then you can click play.

Lynette said...

That's great!Just when you think you know what to expect.

The Taylors said...

You're late, you're late for a very important date!!! :-P Looking for Disney pics, that's all!