Thursday, July 24, 2008

Unusual saying of the day

I found myself uttering these words today (and then realized how many things I say now that I would've never dreamed I would say before I was a mom): NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! YOU DON'T PUT DONALD IN THE PEPSI!! Kaelyn has lots of different figurines (toys) from Veggie Tales characters to Disney characters to Little People from various playsets and things. Lately, she has been entertaining herself for hours playing with them. She's really good about drinking water (she asks for water to drink more than anything else). As long as she's drinking water, we let her have it in a non-sippy cup. What do these two things have to do with each other? Well, I have caught her a few times lately dipping, dunking, and splashing her toys in her water either after she has drank what she wants or after the ice has melted a bit later. For the most part, I don't really get that worked up about it - I just make sure any water is wiped up and don't make a big deal out of it. But today, I looked over just in time to see her dipping a Donald Duck toy in a cup of pepsi sitting on a coaster beside me and then shaking him while watching the pepsi splash all over. Fortunately for Donald, he came in a Mickey Mouse clubhouse bath playset so he is not bothered in the least bit by being wet but that was more stickiness and mess than I wanted - not to mention, it was MY pepsi that I was still drinking that he was swimming in. Thus, without thinking how ridiculous it sounded, I sternly said the phrase mentioned above. Well... I'm glad we got that all taken care of and Kaelyn has now learned another important lesson for life - no dipping Donald Duck in pepsi! :)

No comments: