Friday, July 11, 2008

How extreme would YOU be for free food?

A bunch of us went to Chick-fil-A this evening for their "look like a cow" promotion. I wasn't even going to do a post about this because I know Rach has a lot of pictures as well but we had so much fun, I decided to anyway. Rach and John actually dressed like cows and saved themselves about $13. Obviously, dressing like cows made for good pictures and good laughs. There were quite a few people who did it. It was quite amusing to watch people as they walked in because a lot of them walked in with sheepish looks on their faces and looking around like, "Boy Joe, I hope were not the only ones who did this 'cause we're going to look awfully silly if no one else is dressed up." It was equally amusing to watch people walking in who did not know it was "dress like a cow day". They would walk by people in the parking lot who were coming out of the restaurant dressed like cows and you could just see the "What in the world?!" looks all over their faces. We walked out by the sign to get some pictures and I told Rach and John, "Good, now everyone going down US 1 can see you guys too!" So, John decided to strike a pose. He said he was the coolest cow in town - that you were John. The rest of us didn't dress up but I gotta' tell ya' - if I could find a gas station giving away free tanks of gas, I would dress up like a gas pump, a tanker truck, or WHATEVER they wanted me to dress as (yeah, I'm not happy about paying $60 to fill up my little car!)



John got Kay to wear his hat for a few seconds. She said,
"Look, you're so beautiful!" (That came from us trying
to convince her to leave her hat on on Easter Sunday.
Every since that, she has assumed that all hats must be
beautiful.)


You actually didn't have to have a full costume to get
a free entree. Any little cow thing got you an entree
but a full costume got you a whole combo.


The charming couple themselves. :) It was actually
quite cute I thought.


Entertainment like this can't be bought! :)


Rearview. We HAD to get a picture of the tails - which
were a bit uncomfortable after awhile according to a
couple of VERY RELIABLE sources. How DO real cows
do it? :)


Tell me this isn't funny!


...And that his face here doesn't make the
pose even funnier!


They DID get free chikin.


The rest of us cows who weren't dressed
up (just joking Browns and Gay and Kevin -
we were all sitting there discussing my
previous blog about weight gain - that's
why I said that.)


Another shot of all of us.

1 comment:

The Taylors said...

The tale thing being uncomfortable, it IS true!!!


Signed,
Anonymous :-p