Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My most recent project

I'm afraid I am getting to the point of boring you all now but I was kind of excited about this so I thought I would share it. Quite a while back I saw this thing online called a clip-it-up used for organizing scrapbooking stickers and embellishments but I didn't buy it. Since school has been out, I have been trying to do some "long term" organizing and cleaning that I can never get around to during the school year. I have tried a couple of other organizational ideas for my s.booking stuff but it hasn't quite worked out. After buying doubles of a few things or buying things to go along with a page when I already had stuff I could have used, I decided I needed a better system. After checking on e-bay and amazon I was able to find the clip-it-up for about $25 cheaper than I had originally seen it (directly from the company that makes it). It was still pricey but it is SOOO cool. I am sure that all of you have much cheaper, cutsie ways to organize your stuff but here's what I got. I got it a few weeks ago but have been too busy to tackle gathering up stickers, etc. from several different places and getting them hung up. I brought it out to the living room tonight to work on while Kevin and I watched a movie.


There are two tiers. You can buy just the
base or you can buy the base and the top part.
Both parts turn separately. (The metal, circular
parts turn.)


Each tier comes with tabs, [blank] labels to stick on
the tabs, and hinged clips. (The bottom tier came
with 2 packages of clips and tabs and the top tier
came with an additional package of each.)




I double clipped most things. I tried to make sure
I clipped things together that were different sizes
so that I could still see both items. (I also kept
doubled things within the same category.) For
instance, I would clip a thing of stickers with a
package of embellishments before I hung them up.


Once you put the clip on the item, you just hook
it onto the circle. I still have clips and tabs left
so hopefully I will keep any new stuff I get organized.

5 comments:

Aimee said...

Very good idea! Ive struggled with ideas of organizing my things. I finally just bought a tall, thin 8 drawer storage device at walmart. I can at least break down into 8 categories.All my stamping items in one, paper/scraps in another, my scrapbooks/idea books in one, stickers etc in another, sissors, punchers, ribbons ( any accessories) etc etc. You get the point. As far as going a step further like you have.. I guess I'll have to try orgainizing at a new level now. Time is a big factor thats for sure.

Enjoy! Scrapbooking is so much fun!

Leah & Jon said...

I have been trying to do some serious organizing lately too! (organizing and finishing up some projects - so I can buy more projects...) So far I have been quite pleased with myself! I haven't attempted to do anything with my scrapbook stuff (other than organize the things in my neat little rolling scrap tote). I don't have room to spread things out and really organize. I'm still at the make sure all of one thing is together and make sure it's in a plastic tote stage.

Anonymous said...

very cool! I would live to have a better way to organize my stickers. I get so tired of digging through my folders! Great idea!...by the way, my b-day is coming up soon:) hint, hint!jt:)~jess

The Taylors said...

Very cool, I told Ems I could "go chopping" from your stash! :-p Not 'cause I NEED anything but you know how it is when you someone else's cool things!

Lynette said...

Awesome!I actually have my scrapbook stuff spread out right now until I can get to the store to get a couple of more things to put stuff in.It is a job trying to figure out how to group things.