Thursday, July 24, 2008

Cute boys at Golden Corral

We were at a Golden Corral in Kissimee for lunch yesterday before we headed home when we met the first boy to have a crush on our daughter. :) We were sitting there minding our own business when next thing I knew, I looked over and there was a little boy probably about Kaelyn's age standing there beside Kaelyn in her high chair. I think she must have attracted his attention because she was singing "John Jacob Jingleheimerschmidt" quite loudly. (Sorry if that is spelled incorrectly but I don't have to spell that word too often.) I really do try to get Kaelyn to be prim and proper, quiet and ladylike when we are in public but sometimes when ya' gotta' song in your heart, ya' just gotta' sing. Anyway, the little boy was as cute as can be. I started talking to him and asking him questions but his vocabulary seemed to be limited to "Yep" as he stood there and grinned at us. Then Kaelyn, thrilled at having someone else her size to talk to, started chattering (mostly things that didn't make sense mixed in with a few recognizable words). So, Kaelyn would rattle off a line of jibberish and the little boy would grin and say "Yep". :) I told Kay to tell him that she saw Mickey Mouse so she did. Then she started pointing to her shirt which had various Disney characters on it and talking about it. This got him very excited and even brought out his more talkative side - all two words of it. He pointed to his own shirt and said, "Look! Train!" Meanwhile, his mom was standing a few tables away just shaking her head but grinning. I'm glad that I'm not the only mom with a kid who doesn't sit quietly with their hands folded or nicely coloring the whole time we're in a restaurant. Actually, the little boy wasn't unruly in any way and my child just doesn't know how to sing quietly. In a little bit, he walked back to his table and got an older girl (probably 12 or 13) who seemed to be an older sibling or relative or something and led her by the hand back over and started pointing at Kaelyn. She was just kind of grinning like she wasn't sure what to do so she said hi to Kay and then picked him up and carried him back to their table much to his protests. We saw him getting a little speech from his mom when he got back. Kevin said, "See Kaelyn, you just start singing and attract a guy and the rest is history." To understand that statement you have to know a little bit about our dating history. He was at a choir service and had "chosen" me as the one that he found most attractive after watching me sing. He couldn't believe his "luck" when he realized that I was riding back with the church group he had come with because of who I was staying with that night. However, I think that if Kaelyn is ever going to get a guy by her singing (not until she's at least 25 of course) she is going to have to work on her choice of songs! :)



I couldn't really get a picture of the little boy without
it looking obvious or odd so I just took pictures of Kay-Kay.


With a look like this, what boy wouldn't have
a crush on her? :)


She said, "Are you sleepy?" (which meant SHE was
sleepy) and then pulled my arm over by her so she
could lay her head down. (It lasted for a few seconds
before she was up and singing again.)

1 comment:

kayla said...

I have a very loud singer at my house too. Maybe it's a good thing we don't live on the same street any more. That would have been a bad combination had their singing abilities attracted them to each other.
Very cute story.