Monday, July 14, 2008

Projects

This weekend was a weekend of projects for me/us. Saturday, we got a walkway put in, dirt to level our front yard, electrical wiring in our shed, and our canal bank built up (partially). I will post more about that a little later. Right now I'm going to show you what I did with my afternoon and some of my evening yesterday. I had bought a chipboard flower shaped book quite awhile ago to make up with pics. of Kay and I for Kaelyn. I had covered one side of each flower in a patterned paper and the other side, I covered in a solid color that coordinates with the patterned paper on the other side. Well, since getting that part done, it has sat for months and months and I finally decided to pull it out and work on it. I got a picture for each side (except for the front and back) cut into a circle. I then matted the photos with a circle of the paper from the opposite side. After getting all of that done, I went through and put some stickers, embellishments, etc. on the pages. It didn't come out quite as neat as I had imagined it in my mind but then that should come as no surprise to me. The point though, is for Kaelyn to have something she can look at as often as she wants. The book came with a key chain type ring and holes in the tops of each page so it's more of a flip book. I think rather than giving it to her now, I will wait till school starts in a few weeks and give it to her when I have to go back :(. The pictures of it are not real great but I think you will get the general idea. I thought that maybe 2 or even 3 of you would be interested in seeing it (besides I got all of my scrapping mess cleared off the dining room table and put away, got a load of laundry in, and got some other things straightened while I waited for the pictures to upload).


This is the "front cover" though it will not necessarily
stay like that because of the way it's put together.


The first page (coordinated with the solid yellow on the front.


Next page


coordinating back side of the solid green page


next two coordinating pages




I really like the picture on this page!




The word really does match better than it looks
here (I think). The pic. makes the color look yellow
but it is actually very orange.




Like this picture a lot too.

6 comments:

Lynette said...

That is really awesome!What a neat timing idea too.To give it when you go back to school.

Anonymous said...

That turned out really cool! And imagine, once upon a time, you thought you didn't have it in you! I seem to recall that you even made fun of "crafty" people a time or two! :) Jess

Leah & Jon said...

Here Here Jess! I too remember those days. I always chuchkle when I hear about Beck's scrappong or other projects like that.

Very cool though Beck! Very cute pix too!

Jason said...

Very cute! You did a great job!

Aimee said...

Im just a bit late in posting.. but just had to comment! That floral book is sooo incredible!
Very creative. Impressive. I just wish I had time to sit down with all my scrapbooking projects.. and get them done!

Great job!

Becky said...

Thank-you to everyone for your nice comments (compliments)and to Jess and Leah: I still feel very uncapable in all things crafty but it just makes me feel so good when I create something that I keep trying anyway.