Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Our "big outing" of the day

At the beginning of this summer, I determined to not be running out and about constantly. That's a pretty big thing for me though since I get "cabin fever" if I am home much more than a day without going somewhere. However, with gas prices the way they are, I know I can't afford to go too much and even if I can afford the gas, I can't really afford to be tempted to spend money that I shouldn't spend. It's too hot at this time of year to go to the park or even be outside very much and if it hasn't been terribly hot then it is raining - I believe it has rained every day for the past 3 months. I shouldn't complain though because this time last year we were having a very serious drought. Anyway, I decided to just try to stay home a lot and scrapbook, organize things around the house, blog etc. I have been pretty proud of myself for not running as much as I normally would and not spending money. I decided today though, that we needed to get out so, due to the fact that it has rained off and on all day and I wanted to stay in Hobe Sound that narrowed our choices right down to... a late lunch at Wendy's in H.S. and then a trip to CVS to print some pictures (that means we get to leave the house a SECOND time today when I go pick them up in an hour - WOW!) :) Seriously though, I do enjoy sitting down and having lunch with Kay-Kay like that rather than just grabbing something in between doing stuff at home. We got out of the car and Kay-Kay was running toward the door with her little pony tail bouncing up and down as she yelled excitedly, "Come on, let's go everybody! Let's go to Wendy's!" (Probably only you moms will understand this but that made the whole outing worth it - just having her so happy to be doing something that simple. Wish it would stay that way forever but I know it doesn't.) And better yet, when we actually eat in the restaurant rather than going through the drive-thru, she gets to say her own order - "Um, you want five piece chicken nuggets, small fries, and a small sprite" - and she gets to use ketchup for her fries. Of course 95% of the enjoyment of ketchup is dipping the fry - and dipping it and dipping it. It has only been the last few months that she has discovered the joys of ketchup because I was never willing to have the mess before. Anyway, it was relaxing. After I finished eating I just sat and waited on her as she sang "He's got the whole world in His hands" between eating. Here are a couple of pictures I took at Wendy's today. (Wow, I can't believe I just did a WHOLE blog about going to Wendy's - that is VERY, VERY sad!)





2 comments:

Leah & Jon said...

Sorry, I think one pony tail is a bit much on the grown up side. :( Two keeps her little longer.

Lynette said...

Sounds fun!I count it success when we can go and actually enjoy that time without someone crying or being unruly.When we just sit calmly and have a nice visit:)