Monday, June 30, 2008

It's hard to be an angel!

After being at the Hollywood Wax Museum in Gatlinburg and trying to strike a pose with the "Charlie's Angels" girls, I now understand why actors & actresses get paid so stinkin' much. IT'S HARD TO KICK THAT HIGH! Of course I'm joking about the pay - I think that actors & actresses are grossly overpaid and over idolized given the fact that their work is purely for people's entertainment and nothing else. (I know, all of us who spend money to watch movies help them think they are worth that much but that's a different topic.) I am NOT joking however, about kicking that high! My original "Charlie' Angels" pose was to be standing beside them kicking my leg up - I overestimated my 28 year old body. The photo shoot went something like this:
Becky: Get the camera ready, then let me know when you are ready because I don't think I can hold my leg in the air that long.
Kevin: Okay, go ahead.
[Becky kicks, Kevin clicks]
Kevin: Um... the picture pretty much looks like you were falling over.
Becky: That's probably because I WAS falling. Try it again.
[Becky makes a valiant effort to kick again. Kevin snaps the picture]
Kevin: It STILL looks like you were falling over.
Becky: I WAS falling over! Let's try it one more time!
[Go back to dialogue above to see what happened the third time]
I finally settled for a less dramatic pose. Unfortunately, none of the kicking pictures survived. They were instantly deleted when I saw how ridiculous they looked. (I almost wished I would have saved them now just for the sake of this blog so you could see how ridiculous they looked). The two photos below are what was left of the photo shoot. I already posted the bottom one but am posting it again for the sake of this blog. We took it because even without the kicking I still thought the other shot we had looked stupid - but I am posting it anyway because if it makes you smile, I have at least succeeded at making your day brighter - now I just need to work on my acting skills! :)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

isn't it awful to get old?:) jess

The Taylors said...

I'm amazed at how you mastered that "wax" still life look. The kicking, well, perhaps now that we are looking up close and personal at 30 (yep, me closer than you) maybe we should consider a kick boxing class!! :-P

Aunt Rhonda said...

I'm glad you had a great trip and made it home safely! I won't tell you how long I leave suitcases and bags unpacked!

Leah & Jon said...

I did have to chuckle at the face in the second one!