Monday, June 23, 2008

vacation log - Sunday, midnight

Yesterday evening after we got everything carried in and arranged and had some supper, I took Kay-Kay down to the pool. They have one indoor pool and several outdoor pools and hot tubs. She was very excited of course and loved it. Ya' gotta' love floaties. She can move all around on her own and splash to her heart's content. (I'm still usually just a couple of steps away though because I am nervous about water). We stayed down there for about 45 minutes then we rushed back up to change our clothes and go to the playground(Kevin had fallen asleep on the couch). The resort has a REALLY nice, big playground. They have gas grills all over the resort complete with lighters, tools, and cleaning supplies. There's a stream that runs through the edge of the property and they have porch swing type swings in quite a few different places. The weather is gorgeous - a bit warm during the day but perfectly pleasant at night. I could just sit outside for hours enjoying the scenery and weather here I think. We drove through Cade's Cove today. It was originally a whole farming community. There is an 11 mile loop you can drive and see some of the original buildings. It was nice. We actually stopped halfway around at the visitor's center, parked in the shade and napped for about 30 minutes - seriously. As we were driving around, I was getting so tired I could hardly keep my eyes open and Kevin wasn't much better. Kaelyn had already fallen asleep. We laid our seats back and actually slept for a bit. I normally can't do that at all but I was exhausted. I haven't been to bed before 1:30 in the morning in 5 or 6 nights. My body is about to make me stop that nonsense. :) (Oh for my college stamina back!) I can't even think what I will be like by the time I am 35 - 8:00 bedtime- here I come! :) Anyway, speaking of which, I better get this wrapped up so I can get to bed. I think tomorrow we are going to do a 1.3 mile hike to a [small] waterfalls and then do a picnic lunch somewhere along the river (or creek). Then we hope to do the aerial tram and maybe some downtown shopping. If you don't see any pictures of a waterfalls in the next couple of days, you will know that we couldn't make it the mile or worse - we made it down there but were too tired to come back! :) Stay tuned!


A shot of the living room (there are patios off the living
room and the master bedroom).


This cool little pancake place we ate at - the atmosphere
and decor fit in perfectly with the whole rustic, mountain
setting.


I know - dorky Becky looks so happy to be eating
pancakes! :) Actually, if you must know, I was quite
happy to be eating as we were starving!


A shot of the mountains surrounding Cade's Cove.

No comments: