Friday, June 27, 2008

vacation log - odds & ends

Thursday we did a little bit of this and that. We went shopping, stopped to get some pictures by a smokey mountains sign, and then went to a wax museum in downtown Gatlinburg. For our shopping, we went to this HUGE scrapbooking store (I think the biggest I've ever been in), a Disney store in an outlet mall, and some souvenir shops. The scrapbooking store had a little room that was a play area for kids and a "husband's lounge". Kaelyn had a great time and Kevin sat and played a game on his cell phone. When we left, Kaelyn said, "It was fun play with toys". She just thought it was another great adventure on our vacation. I wish that all shopping with her was that easy!



"Scrapbook Superstore"


Kevin playing a game while I shopped.


Kay-Kay playing at the scrapbooking store.



Me with my purchases. (There was the regular store and
then the same store had a clearance store a couple of
doors down where everything was 50% off already marked
down stuff).



We asked this lady to take a picture of us. Kevin looked
at it after she got in her car and he said, "Man, she took
it REALLY far back. I said, "Well, maybe someone else
will come along shortly". Kevin was like, "No, it's okay.
You can tell it's us at least." I said, "It's that far away?"
Well, I cropped it quite a bit closer on my computer I
thought and it still is this far back.


Kay-Kay (she was singing because of being up
on something)

Me and Kay-Kay


This was actually taken at a different one of the signs by
someone else.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're having a great time! I didn't know you like to scrapbook. We need to get together. I have a huge baby book to make :)

Becky said...

Yeah. I do enjoy scrapbooking but I am pretty horrible at it. Think of elementary artwork. :)

Becky said...

Heather, tried to leave a comment on your blog but noticed you can only comment if you are a "teammember". I did enjoy seeing you pictures and reading about Emma though.

Lynette said...

You look entirely too happy coming out of that scrapbook store.I'm jealous.I have only heard of such wonderful places that have the special husband and children places.