Friday, June 20, 2008

Vacation log - somewhere around 6:30 p. m.

I have never really been an animal lover as such. I don't dislike them at all but I just don't go crazy over them. However I had to take some pictures of this to show you all. When we were sitting outside at a Tire Kingdom, Kaelyn said, "Kitty". Then I heard a teeny, tiny mew. When we finally saw the kitten, I couldn't believe how tiny it was. It was lost or abandoned I'm certain. It was so cute and looked very young. We couldn't get anywhere near it as it was so scared. I got a piece of bread out of our food bag. I originally thought I could get it to come close enough to get it and I probably could have if it had not been for Kay-Kay. It did start edging closer and sniffing out the little pieces of bread and eating them. I ended up breaking up the the whole piece of bread for it and if I would've thought the bread would have stayed there, I would have left more for it. It was eating so hungrily. I could've about stuck it in the van with us not so much because I want a cat but because I felt so sorry for it! The pictures aren't great because he was so scared (he ate while looking up to watch and make sure I didn't get too close). At one point he did come awfully close to my hand. It was almost like he wanted a friendly pet but was just too scared. Anyway, just thought some of you might enjoy seeing him (or her).



If you look closely, you can see the pieces of bread
lying around on the ground.


You have to look close because he blends in a little
bit.


Isn't he cute?

1 comment:

The Taylors said...

He is a cute little rascal, wonder where his momma was.