Tuesday, June 24, 2008

vacation log - Tuesday, 11:30 p.m.

Today we met up with Kevin's parents and his sister Lara. His parents were in Kentucky visiting Lara so they drove down to see us. We went mini-golfing first. At the place we went to, you ride up the side of a mountain on a little lift thingy and then when you get to the top (or at least up aways) you get off and play on the side of the mountain basically. After grabbing a bit of lunch in Pigeon Forge, we went to "The Incredible Christmas Place". It is SUCH a cool place! Kevin and I saw so many things that we liked and I told Kevin that I imagine if you shopped there when it was actually near Christmas, you could spend a fortune. We had to leave before we got all the way through the store because we were going to Dixie Stampede so we actually went back later. Dixie Stampede was great of course. It was kind of cute, there are several different times when the girls are dressed up as southern belles. Kaelyn thought that they were "beautiful princesses" as she calls them. She even said, "Bye-bye Ariel" when we were leaving. I didn't see any with red hair so I'm not sure where she got that. When we went back to the Christmas store we got a couple of ornaments personalized. I know it might seem weird to show pics. of ornaments when it's the middle of summer but I will probably never think of it in December and we couldn't believe how good the lady that personalized them did.



The 3 of us at Dixie Stampede


Kay-Kay looking at one of the horses after
the show. After it tossed it's head up toward
her a little bit she didn't want to get to close
to it.


I love the snow babies. They had a bunch of snow babies
stuff with disney characters. This is the Minnie Mouse
snow baby ornament we got for Kaelyn. The lady
did the name and the hearts and doodling.


The bottom of this was just white. Besides our
names, she did the holly leaves and berries and
the date.

1 comment:

Betty said...

We have been to that Christmas store before. It's really cool! I could have spent a fortune there too. So many neat things. Those ornaments are great! Good memories! I have a family of bears thats so cute. I remember our trip their every year when I put it on the tree.