Saturday, June 14, 2008

Kaelyn sings!

Let me preface this blog by apologizing for the fact that this is yet another blog about Kaelyn. The sad truth though is that Kevin and I don't tend to do that many things that are funny or noteworthy and we are DEFINITELY not as cute! :)
Kaelyn LOVES music and sings all the time. As a matter of fact, she went through a stage where the only way we could get her to be still long enough to get a picture of her was if we got her singing (which pretty much explains the assortment of pictures I'm including). I have had friends tell me before that I seem to be able to think of (start singing) a song for any situation. Kay-Kay seems to be taking after me in that. I am going to try to tell this as..."lady like" as I can. When Kaelyn was younger she would get tickled by ...um... bodily noises. We would sometimes say things to her like, "What was that!? Was that you?" Of course, back then she didn't repeat EVERY SINGLE THING WE SAY like she does now. We know we are going to pay for that by being totally embarrassed someday. Anyway, now if she says, "What was that? Was that you?" And we/I respond, "Yes, it was me" She starts singing "It's me, it's me O Lord standing in the need of prayer". I'm not kidding either - and we didn't put that idea in her head. The first time she did that I thought I was going to die laughing. Please don't take me wrong. I don't mean to be sacrilegious at all. I just couldn't believe she came up with that. She has all of these Cedarmont kids movies with TONS of songs on them and she knows an unbelievable amount of songs (or at least knows parts of them). I guess the "it's me" triggers the thoughts of that song for her.
And then there's singing in the bathroom. I hardly notice her singing a lot of times now unless I am in a public restroom that echoes and she is singing her little heart out. I have told Kevin that just once he ought to have to take her into the bathroom with him to have that humbling experience. The latest time was this evening and I think what made it so humorous was her choice of songs. I'm there doing what you do in the restroom and she breaks out loudly - I mean like shout-singing loudly - into a rendition of "We are climbing Jacob's ladder". She only seemed to remember that part so it was "We are climbing Jacob's ladder", (then the song goes higher at which point she gets even louder) "We are climbing Jacob's ladder", "We are climbing Jacob's ladder" (now probably even people OUTSIDE of the restroom can hear her) and then back to the beginning. The only reason that I could come up with as to why she was singing that particular song is because she was holding on to the sink (I was in the handicapped stall) and trying to "walk" up the wall - so I guess that was her "Jacob's ladder". I should add that on one of her movies I think the kids are climbing something when they sing that song.
One more thought. I think maybe I will save all these blogs and when she is 15 and thinks she is madly is love with "Joe", I will secretly e-mail them to him. Then when she comes home one night and says she can't understand why he doesn't want to date her anymore I will be like, "I can't understand why either honey. He must just be a jerk." If she is still living at home by the time she is 30 then I will destroy the blogs (stories) forever! :) Love you my little unique Kay-Kay!'



Singin' at the pumpkin patch - 10/07


This is great black-mail stuff! 10/07


We let her open these adorable sock monkey
p.j.'s and matching robe on Christmas eve. We
really wanted some pics. so we "contained" her by
keeping her up on the changing table and singing
with her. 12/24/07


Easter photo shoot - 3/08 (We actually did
get some non-singing poses this time!)


I'm not sure she was singing at this exact moment.
She may have been ready to "fall" off her changing
table into my arms. I believe this was summer time
last year - 2007.

4 comments:

Leah & Jon said...

Happy to see a new post! All that free time for the summer and no new blog posts for too long!

I had to laugh at the pictures. Wow! How can someone so small have such a big mouth?!? I still think it'd be worse if she was just talking and announcing everything (in the bathroom)! :-)

Becky said...

I have drawers to organize, closets to clean, junk to sort-oh and did I mention sub woofers to empty? :)

The Taylors said...

Oh, I just saw most of (a large part of) Cheaper By the Dozen II at Dad and Sonja's. Thought I had seen it, turns out I hadn't. Your BLOG brought that to mind. I like the boyfriend decoy! Leah, remind me sometime to tell you about children in bathroom stories. Funny stuff that would take too much of Becky's time.
Oooops officially flunked my first "word test" I'll try again.

Leah & Jon said...

now you understand!

rdvhisjh?!? *@#$%*^&$*#& !!! LOL! Joking!