Thursday, June 26, 2008

vacation log - "old tyme photos"

I took some pictures of the pictures that we did today. Sorry about the quality. The title is not a typo - that's how they spell it. For those of you who know Kay-Kay well, yes, it was quite an ordeal to get her in the dress and the hat about didn't happen. (She did end up with ice cream out of the deal thanks to Daddy's bribing.) I'm sure the lady found the [veggie tale's] song we were singing to get her distracted from thinking about the hat being on her head very odd. (Luckily we just discovered this morning that she has a new favorite that entertains her every time we sing it.) There are 23 of these places on the strip she told us. There were many bigger, nicer ones with nicer props but these were a tiny bit more reasonable. We did have one pic. with the typical serious poses but Kevin and I didn't like it as much. I know, I know, that's how they did pictures back then but it's just not us. As Kevin put it, "Neither one of us are that serious." I said, "I know. I would have been one of those pioneers who wore orange and yellow and laughed all of the time." :)


She tolerated the dress but the hat was another
story!


Too cute though! ('course probably only her
mommy thinks that but anyway...)


Can you believe we PAID to look this goofy?!


Kay looks like she's afraid to move because
of the hat on her head. :) (Same pic. just
zoomed in)

5 comments:

The Taylors said...

Funny, the pics of her LOOK like she is tolerating and that is about it! :-) but my, my how YOU do dress up, all lace and frills! You for sure were meant for THIS time and not that! LOL :-)

Betty said...

Good picture. We have one of those old tyme pics too. Have to show it to ya sometime. My FIL really looks like some gangster in it. HA! I've always wanted to do one of just Rod & I in the saloon looking one with the whole Harlot looking thing. But never had the guts to do it. Maybe someday!

Becky said...

I know Betty. I could've handled the call girl one but I couldn't believe some of the other poses they had - like a woman in the tub with just a rebel flag wrapped around her and a couple where the guy just has a hat over his private parts and is wearing nothing else. I would NEVER have that kind of guts! :)

The Taylors said...

Betty our "Old Tyme" photo DID end up being one of those "call girl" type (though we didn't plan to or realize initially) it ended up being quite funny as I soooo don't have what it takes to "play" the role. It came out looking more like me with an attitude, which acutally amuses John every time he sees it!

Anonymous said...

I think the picture of Kaelyn is adorable.Nothing against the ones with mommy and daddy.