Friday, June 20, 2008

vacation log - 10:30ish p.m.

This is crazy! I'm pretty much snapping pictures, loading them to my computer, then blogging. (Don't count on it to be that way our whole vacation). I am VERY happy to report that we are making great progress. Kay's DVD battery died just right before we stopped to fill up with gas (for $3.89/gal. !!! - sad that that sounds so cheap huh?). I'm hogging the power cord for my computer right now so I got out a puzzle for her. She's doing well playing with it all except she keeps hollering every 3 seconds, "That's S? That's V? etc. " I'm only looking back there half the time so I'm like, "Yep, that's V" (if that's what she says). Hopefully she's not learning her letters all wrong! :) Kevin is listening to Odyssey's Radio Theater version of Prince Caspian. Savannah, GA is almost halfway and we are already past there and into South Carolina and all feeling pretty good. I will say goodnight for now in case Kay gets bored with her Mickey Mouse book and we need to power up the DVD player. I might skip around and blog some Lion Country Safari stuff tomorrow. I was happy to see the comments so soon after posting my blogs. Good night all! (or have a great day if you are reading this during the day)!




Kay-Kay doing her alphabet puzzle. (Kevin
asked if he could take a picture of me
blogging and then post it) :)

3 comments:

Aunt Rhonda said...

Love your vacation blog so far! And oh, Becky, I so hate to admit the common ground we hold in putting things (such as wallets) down and forgetting them! I think it's the slight case of ADD that many teachers possess. How else do we deal with a thousand and one personalities and job issues at a time! Bill spends much time frustrated with me as I search for my keys, purse, etc. He tries very hard to give me "tips" to solve the problem, but I guess I forget those too!

The Taylors said...

Glad it sounds like you made great progress once you finally got going. I am so jealous, but truly happy for you, enjoy the mountains!! Get you some much needed relaxing and family time. Did you end up packing scrapbook stuff?

Becky said...

No, I figured when it came right down to it I would never drag it out and I was running around like crazy just trying to get everything else packed so I didn't.