Friday, June 27, 2008

vacation log - wax museum

Kevin and I have been to a couple of other wax museums - once when we were dating and once since we have been married. This was by far the most enjoyable - probably because it was the "Hollywood Wax Museum" and had figures that are more popular. Also, it is one of the few wax museums that lets you get close enough to the figurines to get pictures with, etc. We had a blast going through it (as you can see by the pictures). If we would have just walked through and looked it wouldn't have been half as fun but we got all kinds of fun pictures.




Kevin and I with Forrest Gump (wax statute of Tom Hanks)




Kevin "eating" Elvis' ice cream in the "Boulevard
of Broken Dreams" display. :)


This one cracks me up! Kevin looks just like he's really
laughing about something with Elvis (though the Elvis
statute didn't actually look that realistic). :)


"Are you tired, run down, listless? Do you
poop out at parties?..."


"The answer to all of your problems is in
this bittle lottle right here." :)


Kevin with Austin Powers statutes.


Kevin with "the Donald". The sad thing is - his hair looked
better on this statute than in real life! :)


Did I mention we had a blast?


Forgive me all of you non-basketball fans (which is pretty
much all of you who read this) but I thought this was so
cool to look like I was blocking Michael Jordan's shot! :)

4 comments:

The Taylors said...

Oh what fun!! I have never been, looks like something we will have to do sometime. Kay on the Titanic, priceless. Afraid that day will come soon enough

Anonymous said...

hmm...I'm still trying to figure this blog thing out. I don't know how to make it so you can click on my name and get to my page. So I'm trying again

Aunt Rhonda said...

Great entertainment, Becky! Your wax museum pics really cracked me up! I would have probably gotten kicked out for disorderly conduct if I were there in person!

Anonymous said...

Becky, My favorite pictures of this blog were the ones of you with Lucy! That video this scene is from is one of the best (tied with the show where she makes chocolate candy with Ethel)! Thanks for sharing! Glad you enjoyed your vacation! ~Ruthanne