Monday, August 4, 2008

Wiggle away the pounds

Disclaimer: I do NOT approve of Ellen De Generes choice of lifestyle but I have to admit that I find her to be very funny in most things. I don't watch her show regularly as we don't have a tv but I have been on her website and she has the funniest stuff. Kevin and I have this weird thing where we are greatly entertained by informercials. If we are somewhere and we happen to run across a really corny informercial on tv - oh wait, they are all corny - we sit and watch it for awhile just for the laughs. So, when I saw this video clip online from Ellen's show, I laughed and laughed. She ordered a product from an informercial (the Hawaiian chair) and then demontrated it on her show. I showed it to Kevin and he said there was no way it was a real product and informercial but we googled it and it was indeed a real product for sell. (You can also watch the actual informercial for it on YouTube - Ellen plays a short clip of it). The chair supposedly lets you work your fat away while you sit.

After watching the video you will understand this but I said to Kevin, "Don't you think it would strike a person's client as weird if they were sitting there ''gyrating" while they were talking to them?" Anyway... enjoy!

3 comments:

Aimee said...

That is hysterical!!!
I personally think that my body would hurt more from being jard around so much.

I'll stick with going to the gym!

Betty said...

How about the "Appliance Direct" guy from the Orlando area infomercial we watched and laughed at during the hurricanes. Same Day Delivery!! That one was the best! HA! HA!

Becky said...

I have never seen a funnier infomercial than that one Betty. That guy was SO funny! Kevin and I were up there sometime after that and they had that same guy for Appliance Direct and we sat and watched it for the longest time just because it was so enter-taining. :)