Friday, August 22, 2008

Memories

A few weeks ago when I was looking through old pictures for something else, I came across so many pictures that I decided I wanted to post someday. I have been thinking about this blogging "project" for a bit now so here is the first part of it. I'm not sure why but my choice of pics. for this slideshow is mostly my family - specifically my siblings. I have some others that I would like to eventually do - some great pics. from college, earlier pictures of Kay, etc. So you don't waste your time, you will probably not be interested in this slideshow unless you are family or know our family well. When I watch this, I want to laugh and cry (and actually did a little of both as I put it together) - laugh because of the silliness of some of the pictures and because of the good memories, cry because I miss being with my family. It seems like the last few times we have gotten together, we have all had SUCH a great time and the time goes way too fast and leaves me sad wishing it didn't have to end. I understand each of my siblings much more than I used to.
It took me quite awhile to do this because first I had to pull pictures out of various albums and labeled envelopes. I scanned ALL of the pictures that I used to my camera card, then I had to re-orient them as I had scanned them every which way. Because they are not original electronic copies, their quality is not as good. All of the pics. are within the last 10 years except for one so they are not old, old - just kind of old. :) To my siblings: my intention was not to embarrass any of you or pick horrible pictures of anyone - as a matter of fact, you will see that I used plenty of pictures that were less than stunning of me (which is pretty much all of them that have me in them!) Forgive my choice of Broadway music if that is not your thing but I just like the song. If it goes too fast, you can always pause it, and manually "flip" pages. I think maybe I should have left the captions off because it kind of looks neater if you just watch it without having to try to read the captions.
Well, having given that long disclaimer/explanation, here it is:


Click to play Memories

Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox

6 comments:

Becky said...

Okay, I have watched it though twice now once double checking the captions and once just to watch it and now I am sitting here crying like an idiot - I'm sure it's just because I'm tired! ;)

Aimee said...

Slideshow was great! It's so interesting to see how things were before I knew you all.

Very well put together.

The Taylors said...

It's the music, that just sets a sad/mellow mood.The interesting thing is you have several that I have in my "BLOG" folder for a "sister" montage! :-) What a doll baby that Joy! Is to the NC "sister" shots, I think that was in the old days before we had timers that could actually get EVERYONE shoot, I think that was before digital cameras. All I can say to the last picture. I am sure YOU were the preacher! Anyway, those pictures, that history,THAT is why family grows up to be life long friends.

Leah & Jon said...

Wow! Memories indeed! I didn't know you had all those pictures from Atwell's one stop (for pop) and as for the last one, I don't know why you're apologizing! You look the funniest anyway! :-) JK!

Lynette said...

I'm with ya.I couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry.I love the pics and the memories;waves and all.Surfin' anyone?


I guess I am emotional I failed the you know what twice:)

Lynette said...

I forgot to tell you on the last comment I left that Bryce looked at one of the pictures of Joy and got all excited and said,"me?".When I looked to see why he was excited I realized that it resembles him quite a lot.