Friday, August 8, 2008

A pictorial summary of life the past few days (with some words too)

Here are some snapshots from the past few days. Kaelyn has become quite "obssessed" with having the kitty around (those of you who know her well know that I am not trying to be funny when I say she is obssessed). We've had several very broken-hearted crying spells lately over not letting the cat in/putting it out etc.
Tonight we used a [sizable] gift card (the amount was sizable not the card itself) to go out to eat. We went to Red Lobster - we love it but don't go very often and have not been in a long time. Sometimes it is so nice just being out together as a family. We really enjoyed our dinner and Kaelyn loved seeing the "fish" in the tank up front - you know, the kind with big claws/pincers. (Red Lobster has a huge fish tank full of gigantic lobsters ignorantly sitting out front awaiting their deadly fate for those of you who have never been.) I know, that will make you shudder at the thoughts of it if you read this Mama. :) We don't choose our own lobsters to be cooked. They cost too much that way. Kevin just got a [cheaper] lobster tail (it was from different water or something like that which is why it was half the price of some of the other lobsters according to the waitress - I think it was only a middle class lobster when it was alive :) ) Though I enjoy a couple of bites of his I don't enjoy it enough to spend a lot of money for it so I got shrimp. Well, I know you all have been sitting around holding your breaths (is that a word?) in suspense wondering what we ate Friday night for dinner so there you go. Yeah, I know I need to get a life but I guess if I want to blog about what we eat every night, it IS my blog.
(Apparently it is family sing along night because here I am sitting here trying to blog and Kay keeps hollering at me because she wants me to sing as she sings along with her movie. I have already sang parts of "Away in a Manger", "Jingle Bells", "When the Saints go Marching In", and "Bill Grogan's Goat" enough to keep her happy. Some of her singing movies have demos at the end of the movie where they have taken one song off of each of their movies to give you a sample of each movie. Two of the movies are their Christmas sing-a-longs, thus the Christmas songs.)
Well, this has turned out being more of a words summary than a pictoral summary. But maybe you have already skipped past all this to the pictures anyway.


Kay just loves the kitty.



The crazy thing ran into our room and under my dresser.
It was kind of cute too see Kaelyn peeking under there
trying to get it out.


Actually, Kevin was down on his hands and knees trying to
coax it out too but I really try to be [mostly] nice when
posting pictures. :)


We are still working on the how to and how not to hold
the kitty. It's a really good sport though and comes
running up and starts purring whenever it sees us.


This was her idea to pull the chair out and sit down
here for Kevin to take a picture.


Just messing around with angles and settings on
my camera. This angle is the "make sure a person's
nose is clean angle". Naw, I thought it was kind of
cool and different.


Apparently ALL OF THEM now have to be a part of the
whole potty thing. I think maybe it's sort of a potty
training support group thingy that Kay has started.


I noticed that they are all respecting one another's
privacy though. She had them all positioned outwards
like this.


The "very lobster like" fish at Red Lobster

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Yes, Red Lobster isn't the place for me for the very reason that I wouldn't like to have to see those innocent, ignorant creatures waiting at deaths door because of my selfish desires!

I'm funny like that. It's weird, I know!I mean,intentionally killing ants.. I always have something to say too, like "What if God made you an Ant? Would you want to be stepped on?" Even though I know we step on MILLIONS everyday. It's just knowing/thinking about these things this way.. that kill me.

I guess the secret is, if I dont see it alive right before it dies, so I can eat it.. I'm fine!

I'm sorry that I have a heart! =) hahah & Im crazy I know.

I just have my moments. Red Lobster just wont work for me!

The Taylors said...

What a sweet child yo have! I guess you know she THINKS she has a kitty by now. Mean mommy anyway! :-P
Aimee, I blame all the childhood books you have ever read, they portray all these poor creatures as having feelings and families and personalirties. I really wonder at time that I am NOT a vegetarian, simply because if I were the cow/pig/chicken/etc. I wouldn't want someone killing my mother or child or.... you get the idea. I lament my heart too.

Becky said...

I don't know guys - I can't help but enjoy a good steak and without ANY thoughts of Bessie! :) (No, I know what you're saying though - kind of)