Tuesday, August 5, 2008

More progress on our outside projects

I won't go into lots of detail on this post but here are some more pics. of our outside projects. We now have [decorative] rope and rope lighting along our bank out back; we have a light and electricity in our shed; and we have our solar lights back out front. We weren't sure whether we wanted the lights in the ground along the walkway or bolted into the wood lining the walkway so they are not completely pushed into the ground (you may notice that some are higher than others in the pictures). I took some pictures while it was still light because I wasn't sure I could get them to look right after dark. Let me just say that I make no claims to be a good photographer so the night pictures are not spectacular. I forced the flash off because on my camera's auto mode it lights things up so much that you can't even tell the lights are on, but the whole rest of the pic. is dark. So, I also took some using the night mode so you can kind of get the idea of the lights being on but with things lit up enough to see better. I have to say though, if you walk down the other street across the water from us on campus, the rope and lights look REALLY cool reflecting on the water at nighttime.


These are 2 daytime shots from our backyard. We just
got all of the stone hauled back there too to help build up
the shore and it also kind of makes it look nicer back there.



I have already posted pic. of the walkway but this is
what it looks like with the lights up.


This is one of the night shots (the lights actually shine
much brighter than it looks here).


Back behind the house



I used the night setting for this so there was a bit more
flash.


I actually crouched under the palm tree in our back
yard and shot this picture from behind the palm frons
hanging down.


blurry but I think you get the idea


another try at getting a picture of the walkway lit up

No comments: