Saturday, August 9, 2008

Am I crazy?

Okay guys, here's the deal. There are SO many FREE cutesie, clever, seasonal, themed etc. blog backgrounds and I had so much fun going through looking at them. School starts back soon (for me this week) and I'm always about teacher/school stuff so as you can see, my beloved blog got a face lift. Problem: I feel disoriented looking at my own blog now. It doesn't feel like it is my blog anymore. I feel a little... disloyal to my basic, a lot of people use it, dark dots (as it is called) original template. Worse yet, I had to change all of the font colors and stuff because you couldn't read the print in the colors and sizes they chose. As you all can imagine, that was terrifying because I am well aware of the fact that I can't match anything and have it look decent! I kept everything on the same side and in the same order but I'm not sure I like it (just because it's different). What are your thoughts (other than that I need to see a therapist about becoming "attached" to strange and inanimate objects)? Do I change it back and change it more gradually or let it grow on me and forget it ever looked any different 3 weeks from now?

5 comments:

The Taylors said...

Well, take from an expert on "fighting change" it is kind of like a band-aid, rip it off! It doesn't hurt any less when you do it a little bit at a time. :-P You will wake up one day and realize this is "normal" and you love it. I confess though, I DID double check my address to make sure I got the right BLOG. Very cute.

Aimee said...

Sometimes I find that it's healthy to change, obviously depending on what it is!As your page started loading without the background, I could tell something was different or had this vibe that it was!
Even after the vibe, I still was taken back a bit..but I like it! It's a part of who you are and whats important to you! That's what matters most!

I'm looking frequently for new backgrounds myself, but seem to find the same ones over and over. Did you go to any special site other than the pyzam.com advertised on blogger?

ALSO, what I dread so much in changing a background is always having to re-enter all my links etc in everytime because of it wiping everything out.

Becky said...

Actually Aimee, I went to thecutestblogontheblock (I think the box in the top left corner on my page now is a link to the site). They have TONS of backgrounds - some look just like scrapbooking pages - and it was really easy. I didn't have to re-format anything other than changing text color. I did change my template from blogger to a white background because it even kept my blue background underneath all of my stuff and just added the background around it. I didn't have to do anything with my links, title, or sidebar stuff and my fonts had all stayed the same.

Aimee said...

Oh, I'm so impressed! I've been baffled for so long trying to find some that look like these & have seen them on others. I guess I just never gave it a thought to look on everyones personal webpage to see just where they retrieved their background!

Well, by late tonight sometime.. I'll have a little blogger facelift, Im thinking..

It's sad, but I feel like I've just come across a pot of gold!

Betty said...

I like it. Looks nice. You'll get use to it. I too always hate change and usually have to rearrange things because things disappear etc. when I change. So I don't change often.