Monday, August 11, 2008

A happy Mommy!

I had already planned to do a post with this title but now I have another reason to be a happy Mommy so I will write about both things.

Saturday, I changed some things in Kaelyn's room. She still had her crib set on her bed and matching stuff in her bedroom. I got her a new princess bed set and a few other matching things to go along with the bedspread. Saturday evening I put the new stuff out and changed the bedding on her bed. (I still have other stuff I need to [gradually] do.) I didn't say anything to her about it. I thought I would just wait till she went in for bed. Well, she went into her room a little later to get a toy or something and she noticed the stuff. All the sudden we heard her gasp a little bit and she said, "Yook, it's princess!" She went running all around her room pointing at the various princess things. Then she just kept jumping up and down on the bed singing one of the songs that one of the princesses sings on a movie that she has. I was out doing laundry and she kept saying, "Mommy, Mommy come in here!" When I would follow her into the bedroom she would point to all of the princesses and say, "Is that Belle?, is that Snow White?, etc." and then she would run around pointing at everything. She was SO excited and of course that made me happy - especially since I wasn't sure how she would do with things being changed (she is funny that way). She was a little bothered when she actually got into bed that night because she is used to just the fitted sheet and bedspread and this set has a top sheet so that was almost an issue but we "worked through" that. :) The last thing she said that night before I walked out was, "Good night princess. See you in the morning princess." She is still loving it and of course that makes a mommy happy.
Then, today I had to go back to school. I have been quite teary about it not to mention nervous and stressed out about sending Kaelyn back to a babysitter after she's been with me all summer. We were all up together this morning (rather than having Kay get up and I'm just not there.) She and I had breakfast together and then I got her all ready to go before I had to leave. Kevin said she did really well when he dropped her off; she was a bit hesitant but didn't cry and scream or cling to him. She carried her little Veggie Tales lunchbox(bag) all by herself which Kevin said was quite cute given the fact it about dragged the ground with her carrying it. The thing I was most worried about was the whole potty thing though because she does great at home and as long as I'm around when we're out somewhere but the only time we had someone else watch her where we tried leaving panties on her, she almost immediately had an accident. I was very pleasantly surprised when I went to pick her up this afternoon, and I noticed she had the same clothes on. The babysitter said that Kaelyn didn't tell her at first but she would go when the babysitter took her in to the bathroom and then toward the end of the day the last time that she went she actually told her so I was very, very relieved and happy that that went that well. Kaelyn typically doesn't do well when ANYTHING changes around her. She seemed to have a good day and of course that is 95% of my struggle with going back to school so that was a huge relief to me! So all in all, though I still feel sad about leaving her again during the days, I know that it will be better since I am only teaching Mon., Tues., and every other Wed. and I am a pretty happy mommy and proud of Kay-Kay's progress.




These things on the wall are foam decorations. They
are stuck on with the little sticky squares so they can
be moved and won't damage the walls. They didn't
cost that much and she LOVES them.


Looking at the princess wall decorations.


She will point at them over and over again naming each one.


Jumping on the bed while singing "I've got the keys
to the kingdom".

(Hopefully I can talk Kevin into getting a picture of her sometime when he takes her to the babysitter.)

1 comment:

The Taylors said...

Yeah for big girl Kay-Kay, we are praying for her and an easier then normal adjustment. We know how hard that is on everyone.