Monday, August 18, 2008

Why it is not my fault that I am overweight.



The blame game has been around since the beginning of time in the Garden of Eden but it seems like in recent years, it has become even more popular than ever before to find anyone or anything else to place blame on. I hear it SO often as a teacher and I'm sure it's no different in any other profession. Goodness, if I was McDonald's after that ridiculous coffee lawsuit years ago, I would have printed on EVERY coffee cup "We know this is an insult to some people's intelligence but for those of you who are too stupid to figure it out - this coffee is VERY HOT! What that means is if you drink it, it WILL burn your mouth!" I'm sorry but it is ridiculous what blaming others/frivolous lawsuits have driven companies to have to say. You should NOT have to tell people not to drink shampoo or that a chainsaw is NOT a toy or that using a hairdryer in the shower could lead to instant death. But... then I was sitting there polishing off a roll while sipping from a 44 oz. pepsi tonight and I thought, "Hey, why not jump on the bandwagon? If everyone else came blame other people/things then so can I."

You see, I've come to the conclusion that the reason that I am overweight is because I love bread and pepsi so much. I'm not sure where this unnatural desire started but I intend to get to the bottom of it. One of my theories is that Pepsi is discriminating against older people - and by older people I mean anyone that can't eat the way they did 10 years ago and stay as skinny. I don't think it's right that it is perfectly fine for a 17 year old to drink soda without pound addage while we poor adults have to pack on the pounds. And bread? Don't get me started on bread. It's one thing for bread making companies to make a loaf of bread for an innocent sandwhich but it's another thing when they make things like rolls and cinnamon rolls and muffins and things that taste so good that you just HAVE to eat them. How DARE they? Do they REALLY expect us to eat such yummy stuff in moderation or turn are noses up at seconds? I suppose they would use the argument that we don't HAVE to eat so much but my thought is that THEY should be the ones to help us out by not selling us all the yummy stuff. Which brings up the point that it is also the grocery stores and convenient stores fault for carrying the starches and soda that tempts us. They should know better than putting it at our disposal - especially cheap soda refills where you take your cup back and get like a week's worth of soda for 80 cents. Actually, now that I think about it, it might also be the government's fault. If fattening foods would have been outlawed we wouldn't be in this mess to start with (I think that is probably President Bush's fault - I'm not sure why but everything else is his fault so this is probably his fault too!) Of course, I think that gyms could be held partly responsible too because they make it so hard to get exercise. Did you know that once you pay them, your fat doesn't start to go away automatically? They actually expect you to DRIVE there and go in and get sweaty. As I sat there thinking about how it was my love for the roll I was eating and the pepsi I was drinking that has made me gain the weight I have gained, (that statement is probably the only statement that is true in this blog but it IS what inspired this sarcastic writings) I realized that something has to be done! I'm not sure if I should sue Pepsi, try to lobby for new food laws, or go on a diet - though I think that going on a diet would be just plain silly. Why put myself through that when it is not my fault that I am overweight? 'Cause just think, if I sue Pepsi and win I will be fat AND rich - then I can buy all the food I want. :)

Forgive me if you don't find that funny - I just like to write, I love sarcasm, and I think I even made a point about the ridiculousness of failing to take responsibility for things. And, of course I know I need to change my diet and exercise more. I was just getting tickled as some of these thoughts were swirling in my head earlier and I thought some of you might enjoy them too. I could have contiued on but didn't want it to get overbearing. Why am I trying to justify myself to everyone? Don't know - I guess I should just end this now. Bye for now - and don't forget - spraying bug spray in your eyes COULD lead to serious injury!


I never thought I would pose for goofy
pictures just for a crazy blog!

We were having some lighting issues - thus
the one dark and one light picture.

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Are you all through with blaming this on everyone/anything because you sure hit most everything!? =)

Yea, it definitely makes me jealous of others when they have such high metabolisms and can eat anything in sight. I've reached the point a couple years ago.. where I had to step back and watch my weight, SERIOUSLY. I use to be able to eat EVERYTHING, & I can't now & it's HARD!

Yes, Becky.. you do have to drive to the gym, WALK in.. and WORK OUT in order to see results. ;) Tiring and sore at first, but well worth it. I feel so much better about myself when I do!

BTW, you don't look fat!

Aimee said...

And, thats what makes blogging so much fun because you can take random pics of yourself or anything for that matter making it into a post. It's your blog to be as creative as you choose and as entertaining as you want!=)

You're doing a fine job!

Leah & Jon said...

Yes, yes, It is absolutely alway someone elses fult! I mean all those poor kids out there that go crazy with a gun in school - you know it's just that they had a bad home life and just because they had parents, their parents were still together, and were nice people, doesn't mean anything! They either weren't loved enough or their parents were too overbaring!

As far as the blog? I say it's your blog. If people don't like it they just don't have to read it! I for one quite enjoy it!!

Misty said...

you are too funny! I came looking for you blog because I didn't save it last time you posted on mine....you will like my post this morning :) we should get together sometme and pull out some of those pics!