Wednesday, August 27, 2008

HSBC and a few other things

I'm sorry if you have been sorely disappointed by no new posts for several days. (Don't tell me if you didn't even notice - it will make me feel better). :) I taught Monday through today so I have been quite tired and busy but I have the next few days off with and extra day off because of Labor Day Monday.
Tonight I went to the "school service" at church. Whenever school starts back, they always have a service where the music groups sing. I am very out of touch with the college anymore but I have to say that they made me feel proud tonight. All 3 of the groups did really, really well, and the guy's quartet was just plain awesome. I don't know that I have ever heard a group from here as good as they were. Besides enjoying the music though, it was really encouraging in other ways. The summer travel has never been about making money and it often costs the school more than is brought in from offerings and stuff. They said they even debated it when they were talking about having a third group because of the cost of fuel and stuff but amazingly for possibly the first time ever, they broke even with the offerings they received even with all the travel expenses. They got numerous positive e-mails, letters, comments about the groups. Paul Stetler was talking about how encouraged he felt and how he felt like God reminded him that it was all of God's doing. He said that he felt like God knew that the school had had difficulties and knew exactly what they needed as far as money, positive responses about the school, and everything and had just poured out His blessings and let them know that God is still indeed interested in HSBC. I think alumni or not, that is just encouraging to hear!
Well, I have thought about posting some thoughts about the Democratic National Convention - yeah seriously - but I'm not sure if I will or not. If I had the nerve, I would do a "spoof" video clip. We'll see...

4 comments:

Mike and Heather said...

I'd love to hear your thoughts about the democratic national convention....lol :)

Leah & Jon said...

K, I HAVE missed you for a couple days, but I soooo HATE politics!! Although I know what you would have to say I probably wouldn't hate so much! :-) I'm sorry, these debates and things are NUTS!! I told Jon the other day, "they're not even close to mature let alone proffessional!"

Leah & Jon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leah & Jon said...

I'm back! Just finished reading your post! I know we had trouble getting evangelists and we couldn't even get any school groups up to camp this year because of the cost. Something about that doesn't seem right to me! Jon had said something to me right before camp started about the gas it was going to take to drive the 1/2 hr. every night. I just reminded him that it was something God would bless us for. He said just maybe last week, "You know we never really even did notice the difference it took for gas did we?" It's true. We come up with the money for anything else we want to do bad enough. . .