Friday, August 22, 2008

Our classroom

For lack of something better to post (and I know you are just WAITING for me to post a new post - KIDDING!), I am going to post some pictures I took of our classroom. I had a couple others of our reading corner and our outside door but my hands were a little shaky when I was taking the pictures so a few of them turned out blurry.


We kind of unintentionally did an under the sea theme.
Heather had bought desk name tags and some border that
were that theme and so we just kind of started coming up
with different ideas along that line. Besides the under the
sea bulletin board and name tags, we also have a border of
waves all along the front wall, various sea creatures hanging
from the ceiling, sea creature window clings, and the eight
parts of speech that have different ocean creatures on them.


One of our three bulletin boards.


Our birthday/calendar board.


The front of the classroom (taken from the back
of the room).


The teacher's desk and computer desk.


We have the desks in a U shape. (You will notice by
these pics. how small of a class we have this year. In
the past I've had 20, 27, 22, and 16 students in fourth
grade. This year because of the economy and so many
people struggling financially, our numbers our down in
all the classes and we only have 10. It's a bit hard to
get used to when you're used to twice as many.)


Our "hanging fish"


Two of my favorite posters.

4 comments:

Betty said...

Your room looks nice. I'm not sure I am creative enough to decorate a classroom. Probably why I never became a teacher. I'll stick to insurance. Not sure I'm good at that either.

Lynn H said...

I love the Garfield poster!

Mike and Heather said...

Our room looks good! Go us!! I might steal your pics one of these days :)

Becky said...

I know, I think it's the "hanging fish" that really tops it off.