Friday, August 22, 2008

This -n- that from Friday

I had today off and since the babysitter who watches Kaelyn and Meagan is not babysitting on Fridays for a couple of more weeks, I kept Meagan today. I think that both of the girls had fun. Around 11:00, we got the wagon out and we (I) walked to Circle K in Hobe Sound. I got the girls hot dogs, a little bag of chips and drinks. The office is across the street from Circle K so we stopped in there to say hi to Kevin and Rod and Betty. Kevin "invited" me to have lunch with them so while they ordered subs and finished up their morning, I took the girls back out in the wagon around town for a bit. It was SO hot because the sun had come out and the breeze that we had had earlier had gone away. We walked around for awhile and then I HAD to have a break and we needed to get cooled off so we went back to the office. I took the girls into the conference room and let them color/draw until the others were ready to eat lunch. After lunch, we walked back home - it was a more pleasant walk by then because it had gotten overcast again and I even felt a few sprinkles here and there. Once we got back, I laid the girls down. Meagan went to sleep right away but Kay was being a bit of a stinker so I had to make her go into her room to lay down. They're both asleep now. Here are a few pictures from today just because they looked so cute! :)


Kay decided THIS Minnie Mouse needed to be potty
trained today so she kept putting her on the potty.




I'm not sure what they were playing but they would both
run through the house to the kitchen with Kaelyn leading
and squealing. They would both start giggling and giggling
then they would run back into the bathroom, put Minnie
on the potty, Kay would get her and then they would take
off running and giggling again.


They both headed for the door about the instant I
mentioned going for a ride in the wagon. Meagan
brought me Kay's shoes and her own shoes and they
were ready to go!


Kay-Kay was trying to "show me" that Meagan was
in the wagon with her.


Eating their hot dogs.


"Coloring" pictures.


Meagan sat there very intently coloring while MY
"special" child twisted the marker round and round
while singing "Oh Where is My Hairbrush". Every
other kid I know likes to color but she would rather
"drum" the markers on the table, put the lids on and
off them, or sit there and twist them on the paper. :(


When we got back from our outing, I had them go
inside while I put the wagon away. I showed them
how to stick their heads through the bars because
I wanted to get a picture of them. They had a bit of
trouble with it as you can see but it was still funny! :)


Back home


Ready for a nap.

1 comment:

Betty said...

They are so cute! Thanks for bringing them in today at work. I miss that little turkey when she's gone! Looks like they had a fun day!