Monday, September 29, 2008

Misery defined ... and some good news!

Just a quick update on my last post: after about never getting eyedrops into Kaelyn's eyes a little while ago, I was desperate for an easier way to give her the medicine. I decided to try to mix it in some applesauce. I used just enough applesauce that you could barely tell the color difference and hopefully the taste of the medicine wouldn't be that noticeable. Even though Kay likes applesauce at first she didn't want to eat it because she sensed something was up since I was basically "forcing" her to eat it. I started with a bite of regular applesauce, then gave her the other and she ate it all just fine - I'm so thankful! I foresee us eating a lot of applesauce in the next few days but it's better than forcing it down her throat!
And... just in case you think I'm being an overreactive mom...


This is what I call misery defined


She's really being pretty good and trying to be happy
except when it's time for medicine.


And a smile even though she HAS to be feeling
terrible!

8 comments:

Betty said...

Poor Kay Kay. She looks miserable. So glad Megs didn't turn out to be much. More a cold thing for her. Unfortunately I think the cold thing is going thru the house. Yippe For Me. Vitamin C poppin time!!
Thanks for that reminder that Christmas is just around the corner. I'm so not ready this year!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, bless her little heart. You can tell the poor little thing feels so bad.
I am so thankful that my kids love to take medicine.

Anonymous said...

We all had pink eye last year. Here is a little trick we used. Lay her head in your lap and just put the drops in the corner of her eye, by her nose, (while her eye is shut) and then after you put the there have her open her eyes. It usually rolls right in.
JB has had sooo many ear infections. If he gets one more, he will have to have his second set of tubes put in. So I can symp. Prayers coming your way.

Becky said...

Thanks for the advice. We'll try it - anything that might work!

The Taylors said...

Oh, I have trouble being happy myself just seeing her. I think will make a terrible mom. It seems I have an overly generous dose of sympathy!

Unknown said...

Hi , Becky,
Your little girl is so adorable. Sorry she is so sick. I loved the video clip of her singing!
Sis. D.

Aimee said...

What a rough time she looks
to be in. Oh to be so little and so sick.

David and Rachel said...

Poor little darling! Hope she is feeling better soon!