Friday, September 26, 2008

Nothing clever

Kevin was just looking at my blog a few minutes ago and he said, "You haven't posted since Sunday!? that's terrible!" Like I told him, I have had several things (thoughts) I wanted to post in the past couple of days but by the time I had a chance to sit down and post them I talked myself out of it 'cause I decided probably no one else would think it was interesting let alone funny or clever . So, I'm just going to start posting and we'll see how far I go with them (posts).
Something has been wrong with one of Kay-Kay's eyes. Since Thursday morning, her one eye has been puffy and oozing. I decided to give it 24 hours before taking her to a doctor. It seemed to be a little bit better today. I was trying to decide whether it was pink eye but it hasn't spread to the other eye and it doesn't seem to be bothering her very much. We have been washing our hands like crazy but it seems nearly impossible to keep her from having her hands around her eyes. She wasn't very perky today either but I thought she was just tired. However, when I got her up from her nap this evening she felt very warm. She had a fever of 102. She had only eaten a few bites of cereal and one chicken nugget all day long but she didn't want any dinner. She pretty much just wanted to be held for much of the evening. It was very weird though - we hadn't attempted to give her any medicine yet but after she had been up for about and hour and a half, she seemed to perk up. She hardly had any more fever and she ate a little bit and now she's acting mostly normal so I'm not sure what is going on with her. You might notice the puffiness of her eye in the first 2 pictures though that was not why I was taking the picture.


The past couple of mornings, we have gone biking before
Kevin had to go to work. This morning Kevin woke me up
at 7:20 (I ususally sleep in on my days off) and he said, "It's
early enough that we can go all the way up North Beach
Road (on Jupiter Island) and back instead of just to the
beach." I was like, "That isn't that great of a motivater for
getting me up to tell me we can ride farther this morning!"


We left Kay-Kay in her sock monkey pjs so she was
quite a sight first thing in the morning.


I've gotten quite a lot accomplished today and even
did some of the things that we normally have to do
Saturday like grocery shopping and most of the laundry.
I was so tired of my pantry being a mess that I took
EVERYTHING out and re-organized it.


Things were so dis-organized that I have bought doubles
of a few things because I didn't know we already had them
and we had some things that just needed pitched. For
instance, I threw out some ramen noodles that were
"best if used by Sep. of 2006". I'm sure we had bought
them for hurricane preparedness and never needed them
and trust me, unless we have a hurricane, we are not going
to have a sudden urge to eat some ramen noodles!


I'm sure it won't stay this way forever but for now I
have nice, neat rows of [non-expired] things. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fall always gets inspired to do the cleaning, tidying, and organizing thing too.
I wish I could go places in my jammies too.

Lynette said...

I like the way your pantry looks.I try to keep mine that way but the children don't have the same desire so it doesn't stay long.