Saturday, September 13, 2008

I'm so happy that I'm a SKINNY overweight person!! :)

I met the most wonderful saleswomen this evening at the mall. They have been building on to our mall and the last time we were up that way, I discovered that one of the new stores was going to be a Christopher & Banks and the C & B plus size store. Some of you know exactly what I'm talking about but some of you may not because we haven't had one anywhere around here that I know of. I was so excited even though I will probably rarely actually be able to afford to buy things from there. Anyway... we walked out to see if they were open and sure enough, they were. The sign on the first store said "C. W. Banks - for women sizes... ummm... well my size and up" so in we went. We just barely got in the door when this super, wonderful, nice saleslady comes walking up and kind of looks me up and down (not exactly comfortable) and says, "I think that these sizes are WAY too big for you." I gave some brilliant response like, "Huu, huu, huu [polite fake laugh] really?" Then the other super, wonderful, nice saleslady walked up behind her and started agreeing. I finally said, "I don't know, it IS my size" to which wonderful saleslady 2 says, "Yeah, but these are WOMEN'S sizes of those sizes." Saleslady 1 was already taking a pair of pants off of a hangar to show me "just how big they are" while Saleslady 2 pointed out how wide the legs of the pants were and started explaining how there was a skinny size __ and a woman's size __ (not her exact words). Then they pointed out the sleeves of some of the shirts which I did have to admit looked like I could fit both of my arms in - okay, maybe one and a half arms. I felt my confidence rising for each millisecond they talked. They both emphatically agreed that I should go next door where they ALSO carried my size but in a (?) skinnier version. By this time, I was practically floating back toward the door as one of the women facetiously said, "I hope we didn't ruin your day or anything!" Kevin turned back and said, "How much do I owe you?" Those ladies really do deserve a raise I tell ya'!
So... I confidently marched into the "smaller women" store and announced loudly, "I belong in here in case you were wondering!" Naw, of course I'm joking about that part. I found LOTS of things I loved and the COOLEST teacher shirt ever but sadly, I had to leave empty handed - it was better than leaving empty walleted though. I must say though, I was so inspired by those two super, wonderful, nice ladies that I went power walking all over the rest of the mall!
On a little more serious note, I decided to really try to cut back on some of my soda consumption this week. The amount I drank this week was still too much but I did much better and I even had a couple of "dry" days. :) I know that sounds horrible to say it's good because I went two days without soda but you don't understand what kind of close relationship Pepsi and I have. I also tried to do a little better about "portion control" with food and we biked or walked 3 or 4 evenings - not huge progress but a little step toward healthier habits. I owe it to my health whether it affects my weight or not.
If you see me walking around in the plus size sections of every clothing store around though, you'll know what I'm up to - just getting my positive motivation for my attempts at weight loss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, mee, I could do with a couple of super nice sales ladies right now. And send some of that motivations stuff this way would ya. I'm afraid I don't rank on the same skinny scale as you do. Keep up the good work. Take it one day at a time. And if you mess up one day. You have a brand new day the next.

Betty said...

I too went into that store this weekend. And left empty handed. I must say after trying on several things in JC Penney's I was a little depressed when I left the mall as I was feeling rather large myself. We went grocery shopping and bought plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables and vowed we have to lose this weight or Else!! I'm now broke from the grocery shopping and not the clothes shopping. All the good stuff is way overpriced!! I know why everyone is so overweight because all the affordable food is not healthy!! We need to encourage each other here!! Stay on the wagon as We will try to do the same!!