Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day

So I figured that EVERYONE ELSE had great picnics to go to today, family and friends to hang out with, or something exciting to do. We didn't but I must say that we enjoyed our day thoroughly. We just relaxed for the first part of the day (after cleaning a few things up) and then we did a little bit of running. I knew it would look mighty silly but I decided since I had no "Labor Day picnic" pictures, I would just take pictures as we made our "stops". I was quite sheepish every time I went to take a picture of a store but it was all for a good cause. :) Of course I had to make sure that I waited till no one was walking out because I thought it might kind of weird people out if they walked out of a store and saw some weird person taking a picture of them exiting the building. We made a quick stop by the mall just long enough for me to make a return at JC Penney's then it was on to Target. We "browsed" a bit in there. Kevin found these adorable rainboots that he thought Kaelyn should try on - much to her dismay. She acted like she thought she couldn't walk at first. Once she got over to the "floor" mirrors and saw them, she did say, "They're so beautiful!" or something like that. We finished our shopping there with only a couple of items leaving the boots behind which I am sure was a relief to Kay. We went across the street to Michael's and I ran in by myself for just a little bit. After that, we went through the Steak 'N Shake drive thru and used good coupons for our supper. We got re-fills at a gas station where we got gas (for the car!). We ended up stopping in downtown Stuart. It is one of those places you take for granted living in FL. but it really is beautiful. We sat and ate our supper then walked for awhile. It was so pleasant and we thoroughly enjoyed our time together. Many of the older buildings have the coolest murals on them and that part of Stuart is quite old but in a neat way. I took pictures not for perfection or because we've never been there, but just for the memories of the evening. Though it is easy to complain about the things in FL we don't like, we really are lucky to have some beautiful scenery when we take the time to enjoy it - I know it is that way any place you live. So... here are probably the weirdest Labor Day pictures you will see on a blog ... and now, I have GOT to get to bed because I have to teach tomorrow. Have a great day everyone!

Click to play Labor Day
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

2 comments:

The Taylors said...

Fun, where were the "product" shots? :-p What'd you find a Michael's? After work I took advantage of Jo-Ann's 10% off everything (with a meager $5 purchase but). I went back to Pennys for a wee bit of shopping and used my coupon there, then to Kohls and on to Michaels. I got Publix's bagged meal for our "picnic" (I was going to get a picture and everything) but it was warm and we were tired so we just sat on the couch and ate then read until bedtime. Not bad either.

Lynette said...

Pretty cool! I especially liked the murals.Amazing!