Monday, September 29, 2008

Poor Kay-Kay!

I got a sub for today so that I could stay home and take Kay to the doctor. She apparently has a couple of things going on. She DOES have pink eye (according to the doctor) and a cold/ear infection. He said her ears didn't look too badly yet but he prescribed an antibiotic and eye drops. I have only given her one dose (this afternoon) but that about sent us both over the edge. It's like a full out battle to try to get the medicine down her let alone the drops in her eyes. We've tried the "trickery" tactic before with the medicine and nothing seems to work so we have to lay her back and put it down her throat - not fun for anyone - epsecially when she's already not feeling well. On top of that, she was pushing my hands away and the bottle of medicine went flying and about a third of it spilled out. Typically, she gets spanked if she even starts to act like that but when she's already lying around on the couch fussing because she's miserable, I just didn't feel like I should be that hard on her. I'm sure in a day or so the medicine will start working but by early this evening, she looked like she felt even worse. Each day she has just gotten a little worse since last Thursday. I feel so badly for her that when she's crying and I can tell she's miserable, I want to cry for her. Oh well, that's how it goes when you have kids huh? I'm just thankful she's pretty healthy and we don't have to go through this much. (She's had one other ear infection and the stomach flu one time since she was born and both of those were before she was a year old so I really can't complain.) Hope ya'lls week is off to a good start!
86 days till Christmas! (if I did my counting right) :)

No comments: