Sunday, September 21, 2008

A new brown hat.

We saw this brown hat last week when we were at the mall. Kaelyn wasn't interested in trying it on at all until we went back by a mirror and she saw it on herself. Then she got all excited that it was brown - not sure why but anyway - and wanted to go show Kevin. She said, "Okay, let's go tell Daddy for brown hat" , which meant she wanted him to see it. I decided that if it were just about two and a half dollars cheaper I would buy it. Why that was the magic number I'm not sure but anyway. So this Saturday Kay-Kay and I were back at the mall for something else and I ran into the store to check it out (though I didn't really expect it to be any cheaper since it was with the girl's fall clothes). Well, believe it or not, it was actually THREE and a half dollars cheaper so I bought it even though it still probably cost more than it should.
I debated whether to even post these pictures because none of them are very good. For one thing, Kaelyn looks like a little rag-a-muffin and in the first couple of pictures, she is in front of a dark wall so you can hardly see it but I decided to go ahead and do the post and maybe I'll get some better pictures later.


Kay-Kay and I at Ruby Tuesday's. She has the hat
on backwards here. She prefers her hats backwards
though I'm not sure why.


We were trying to get a decent pic. of her
with the hat on the right way but we were
lucky just to get her to look up at the camera -
not so lucky with the expression.


We decided to use one of the carts with two
seats on it this time when we went grocery
shopping at Wal-mart and it actually was
perfect because she could sit on the one seat
and stand her toys on the other seat.


We hardly heard a peep out of her the whole
time because she was entertaining herself, which
usually doesn't happen. Think we'll try to find
one of these carts again in the future.


I had run down an aisle to grab a couple of things so
she stood up and was playing (we didn't let her ride
like that).

3 comments:

Leah & Jon said...

Thought you were gonna say Daddy caved and bought it! It is SOOO cute though!

The Taylors said...

Yes, we like "new hat brown" too :). And the great little girl wearing it.

Lynette said...

I really like the hat.It nearly matches mine that I am so fond of.