Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Just call us pros :)

As I already mentioned, neither Kevin nor I had ever carved pumpkins before. Sunday afternoon when we went out to Rach and John's, we took a pumpkin to carve. John has carved pumpkins since he was a kid so it made it easier for us to figure out what to do by watching John. We had bought a book of Disney patterns for almost nothing at Michael's last year after the season was over. I helped Kevin a little bit with the "tracing" part but he did the rest himself. I thought he did a great job for never having done it before. When we got home that night, he sat it out front on one side of the house. He took the top off of one of our solar lights and put it in the pumpkin so that the light will re-charge itself during the day and we don't have to waste batteries. Because of my weird perfectionist ways, I thought it looked a little funny having one sitting on one side of the house and not the other. Monday evening we were in Wal-mart - AGAIN! - and I said, "I'm trying to decide whether we should carve another pumpkin or not." Kevin said, "Well, we can get another pumpkin while we're here if you want." I figured I would probably be on my own if I wanted a second one carved but I was kind of wanting to see if I could do it anyway. So I spent Monday evening carving my Minnie Mouse pumpkin. I thought it was going to be a lost cause part of the way through but I decided if we could tell what it was, we would keep it. And you can tell what it is - at least I think so.


Kevin and John tracing the patterns onto the pumpkin.


Kevin tracing Mickey Mouse.


John chose a more advanced pattern for his.


Cleaning the pumpkins out - ick!


Kevin intense on his carving.

The finished products.
A "dark shot" of John's artwork.
Kevin's masterpiece.
A lighter shot of Kevin's pumpkin.
Both of the pumkins.
... And the creation of yours truly.
Kinda' freaky but cool huh?
Kevin took some pics. on my camera then decided he
needed his camera and the tripod to get better pictures.
All the pics. of my pumpkin are ones he took on his
camera.
I had gone and washed my hair while he took a bunch
of pictures trying different effects, thus the "wet look".

4 comments:

The Taylors said...

Ooooh I like the minnie mouse! Very cool pictures too!

Aimee said...

Beck, you fit rightin with your artistic work. I dont care if it was traced or not, you need a steady hand at the job and it looks fabulous.

Awesome job!

Betty said...

Better than I could do, so I don't even try! Looks good!

David and Rachel said...

Very Cute! Good Job!