Tuesday, October 28, 2008

There's a chill in the air!

Some of you , actually probably most of you, are going to be amused with me but that's okay. For the past week, it has cooled off a bit here in Florida. It still gets up into the 80's during the day but it has gotten into the upper 60's for the the low temperatures. When I got ready to leave for school yesterday, it was in the 60's still and so I decided that maybe if I wore short sleeves and didn't have a jacket, it might actualy stay cool all day! :) It was very nice yesterday and was in the 70's all day. Last night it started getting cool and Kevin and I were actually able to stop and get hot chocolate from DUNKIN' DONUTS without looking like we were totally weird. When I left for school at 7:00 this morning, it was only... [drum roll please] 54 degrees. Some of you are probably either snorting with laughter now or shaking your head in disgust that I am blogging about it being 54 degrees but you just keep laughing because I am sitting here in my new sweater and my jacket just as excited as can be that it is cold enough to wear a jacket! By tonight it's supposed to dip down into the 40's - goodness - we might just get snow! Okay, so I'm joking about the snow but at least it feels like fall now even if all the palm leaves are still green!
P. S. Pumpkin carving pictures coming - probably tonight!

2 comments:

Leah & Jon said...

Had to chuckle! I am still having trouble making myself wear my coat. I'd rather get a chill wearing my little fleece jacket or something than to admit that fall is already pretty well gone and it is getting quite chilly out now!

Aimee said...

Beck, you are too funny! I'm to the point that I dont even want to take my coat off. One of the patients said last night at work, higher elevations can see up to 18 inches of snow today and up to about 4 where I am. Obviously the ground isn't frozen yet, so it wont be staying long.. but still... winter is just around the corner. I'd take 70-80 degree weather anyday now!