Friday, October 17, 2008

"Blueberry Uppins"

This afternoon, Kaelyn helped me make blueberry uppins, as she calls them. A while back, I tried to get her to help me make something (cookies or something) and she had NO interest. She didn't understand what we were doing and she didn't want to have anything to do with pouring, stirring, or any such things. I think the main reason she was interested today is because in one of her Mickey Mouse clubhouse stories, Mickey and the gang search for a "mystery guest" who ate some of the blueberry muffins that Minnie had made. They didn't actually show Minnie making them, but all the same, Kaelyn was interested when she saw the box. So... we made blueberry "uppins" and I was able to get a few pictures.


Dumping the mix into the bowl. Somehow, we ended up
with the mix in the bowl, all over the counter, and on the
stove (not sure how she managed to get it over that far).


Pouring the milk in (AFTER I had poured the milk from
the jug into the measuring cup!)


Stirring. I only got her to do it long enough to snap a
quick picture. She wasn't really crazy about this part
though I don't know why.


And finally... tasting a muffin. (She was very excited when
I pulled the muffins out of the oven and they actually looked
more like the muffins she has seen on the movie.)


Yummy blueberry uppins

5 comments:

The Taylors said...

Oh, great pictures! I am not sure if I love the headband or if I hate that it even makes her look more grown up. But I think the truth is, she IS growing up. Did she LIKE her blueberry uppins?

Lynette said...

How sweet!That is fun until you have even more helpers then sometimes it turns into more stress than fun.I've had to remind myself more than once that it is supposed to be a fun activity.

Anonymous said...

Know the feeling Net, we usually have to take a day per child as far a helping with cooking goes.
Beck, she is so cute. JB likes the stirring part best, so maybe together they could get the job done.

Leah & Jon said...

So cute! I was just thinking of you and our love for blueberry muffins the other day!

Becky said...

I'm afraid if we turned both of our little ones loose together, we might have a gigantic disaster Amy! :)