Saturday, October 11, 2008

Still trying to figure this one out! :)

I didn't intend to post again tonight but I was kind of amused by this so I thought I would share it. This afternoon, Kaelyn was watching a movie. I had been in the other room cleaning and when I walked into the living room and saw her sitting there, I got so tickled. She was sitting in her little chair and she had her Donald Duck toy on her head. When Kevin heard me laughing, he looked up and started laughing. She was totally oblivious to us and was just minding her own business watching her movie like it was perfectly normal to have Donald Duck on her head. I took pictures and was thinking that maybe I would post them tonight. Well, we went out to eat for my birthday [Monday] and then ran to Wal-mart this evening. When we got home, I was out in the kitchen taking care of the groceries and folding some laundry. When I walked through the living room she had just put a movie on and this time she had Minnie Mouse on her head. Of course, she can't tell me why. I asked her a couple of different ways what Donald Duck was doing, why he was on her head etc. and she just kind of looks at me blankly and says, "I've got Donald Duck on my head." I have no doubt that in her little brain there is a perfectly logical reason why they were balanced on her head while she watched a movie but I have yet to figure out what she was doing.
(She was looking at the pictures after I uploaded them to my computer just now and then she went and got Donald, put him on her head, and walked very slowly into Kevin's office with Donald balanced on her head the whole time. At least she has good balance!) :)




I took this pic. from above her so you could see
Donald better. She had no clue I was even taking
the pictures.




As you can see, she was just watching her movie like
nothing was unusual.


I didn't get a very good one of Minnie because right
after I got the camera out, there was a part in the
movie where she had to stand up and help a walrus
"chip through the ice". (Don't ask!) So she carefully
removed Minnie before standing up.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

That is hysterical!!! Kaelyn has her own little world she lives in =)For that, you may never truly understand.

The Taylors said...

I want to make a smart remark about my "special" niece but purely our of fun in the same way I would any child and not from any kind of true unkind thoughts. You know too well I adore the child!