Friday, October 10, 2008

Out on the town

Wow! A week since my last post (before my previous two I just posted tonight). No wonder my life has been feeling so empty and meaningless! :) Life has pretty much just been "life as usual" for us so that means more boring posts!
Tonight, after staying home the last couple days (Kay-Kay and I), we went to Chick-fil-A with Rod & Betty and family, Gay, and Rod's mom Kathy (you have now officially made it into my infamous blog Kathy! :) ) Chick-fil-A is like the best of everything to Kaelyn because she eats chicken nuggets AND gets to play on the slide (besides getting a balloon and usually ice cream). When she's 16 I'm going to constantly remind her that "all it used to take to make you happy was chicken nuggets and a swing and slide". :) Anyway, we both enjoyed getting out of the house (with Kevin) and Kaelyn was quite hyper at first. After we left the restaurant, we went to the mall. Christopher & Banks was having some good sales and I ended up getting several items for about 70% off. I got three jean skirts and a couple of tops. The saleslady informed me that tomorrow for about two hours they are having a fashion show where customers can volunteer to "model" their various clothes and if you do it you get 40% off anything you buy in the store even if it's already on sale. That means that the $35 dollar jean skirts that are on sale for $21 dollars (40% off right now) would be $13 etc. So what do you think - is it worth putting aside all pride in an effort to get a good deal? I told the woman that I love a bargain but I'm not sure I would make a good model. She said, "Oh, I think you would make a good model", to which I chortled heartily. I tell you what though, those ladies there continue to charm and deceive me (refer back to the post about the nice ladies at the C. J. Banks larger sizes store that convinced me I was "way to skinny" for the plus sizes store). If they start telling me that they can tell by looking at me that I'm a world class cook and seamstress though I am going to confront them about their brazen lies! :) I always seem to walk out of there with a smile on my face as I leave all of my money to the smiling clerks. (They're probably like, "Hey, it's that sucker again. How much do you think we can get her to spend?") We also picked up a couple of bargain books in Borders - you wanna' talk about a place where I could leave all my money! I rarely even go in there because it's so tempting to buy books - I LOVE books! So it was a nice little outing and now I've gotta' get some work done tomorrow. Sunday afternoon, we are going to a live Veggie Tales show. I bought the tickets months ago as soon as they went on sale (back when I still got a full time paycheck). I have had them tucked away in a drawer for awhile but I can't believe how quickly time has gone by since I first got the tickets. So, I don't know if it will be possible to get any pictures but I will probably at least post briefly Sunday afternoon about it. For now, have a great weekend!


One of the books on the bargain shelf was this Little
Einsteins book/etch-a-sketch. I don't remember how
much it was originally but it was marked down to $4 so
since Kay-Kay is quite a big fan of the Little Einsteins,
we got it for her.


She has never really gotten into the etch-a-sketch
things too much but when we showed her how to do
it, she really enjoyed it this time.
I know that you probably want to ask why I don't ever
comb Kaelyn's hair but I would just have to tell you that
actually I do. Unfortunately, that's another trait she shares
with her mother. I think my mom would have super-glued
my hair to my head when I was a kid if it would've done any
good but I was a hopeless case when it came to staying
neat - especially my hair.
P. S. That drawing thing is not actually an etch-a-sketch
but I can't think of what it's called. I was coming up with
magna-doodle too but can't remember if that's the right
word for it either.

5 comments:

The Taylors said...

Oh, you would be be GREAT for a C&B "model" the people would LOVE you for sure if you could get out of yourself!! :-P You would have a great time and folk (perfect strangers, which may be your hesitation :-p) would talk about the fun they had, had for a very long time! :-)

Leah & Jon said...

MAN I've missed you! Let's not do this not blogging for a week thing again!

Yeah I'm thinking you could so be a model! You'd put on a show they'd never forget! I'd sure hate to miss that though! :-)

I DO think it's a magnidoodle! And I know what you're saying about not being neat as a kid! Between scrapes and bruises that Mama never could figure out where they came from, and trying to keep us in tights because we always managed to put holes in them somehow! Oh yeah, and hair! I remember "getting in trouble" for taking my hair out as soon as I got home from school(as if it wasn’t stringy enough even when it was combed!). Apparently she didn't like me looking like an orphan when I was running all over outside! Can't imagine why!

Oops, failed the dumby test again!

Becky said...

I don't think I ever got in trouble for taking things out of my hair - I just don't think that you could even tell there was supposed to be anything in my hair holding it back out of my face. When I see pictures now of when I was little I wonder why I never saw myself in the mirror and thought, "Man, I can't even see my face because of my hair. Maybe I should do something about it." :)

Anonymous said...

Hair for a little girl is a trial. I am TRYING to let Erica do her own hair during the week. Uggg, I hate it. I love her hair to be neat and tidy. I know it is the only way she will learn to do it, but you wouldn't believe how hard it is to let bumps and loose hair stay. Just wait. You get to look forward to the same.

The Taylors said...

I am chuckling because I was telling a perfect stranger the other day (for good reason, she started the conversation) that I can still hear my mom saying "Can't you FEEL when your hair things fall out?!" I have sworn to be understanding to the plight of any little girl God may give me and pray for lots of really cheap hair things!! :-) LOL