Monday, April 9, 2012

More "pals"activities and The Garbage Bandit.

I'm still trying to upload and sort our weekend pictures from the camera but I decided in the meantime to post a few pictures from this past weekend that I had taken on my phone.


Kaelyn has a whole entourage of "pals" lately that are with her everywhere.  She always has a pal or two that she takes everywhere but usually she'll just have one or two special ones at a time.  It will make more sense why there are so many right now once you see the other pictures.
They are all watching a movie in this particular picture.  We're thinking about buying more furniture for the living room so the rest of us will have a place to sit.  :-)


See, she came up with the idea that several of her favorite pals have bigger or smaller counterparts and  thus, they are sets of "moms" and "kids" or babies.  (I must admit that I thought it was quite clever.) 
In this picture, I tried to show Ellie and her mom.  You remember Ellie from a recent post and Kaelyn had the big elephant as well which makes the perfect mom for Ellie.  (Ellie's huge eyes and blue ears must come from her Daddy.)  ;-)



And then there's Hello Kitty and her mom.  Both of these she got for Christmas.  We got her the little one and Lynette's family got her the bigger one.



This is Garmin the puppy and his mom Lady --- and I guess since Lady already has a ??? partner, the Tramp, Garmin gets a Daddy too.  Garmin the puppy is a story in itself.  Just suffice it to say, when a little girl is autistic and one of her fascinations/obssesions is GPSs, Garmin is a perfect name for a favorite pal.  He's named after Garmin GPSs (as far as we know).  No pals named Magellan or TomTom yet though.  You can also see Dumbo here who doesn't have a mama pal but he's a favorite so I guess he can't be left out.
Thankfully, whenever we go somewhere - so far it's been church, school, the Easter festival we went to Saturday, Wal-mart, and the Brown's for dinner Sunday - she only takes "the kids" and the Mamas all have to stay home.  It has been so cute to hear her playing with all of them.  When I first saw her with them all the other day and heard her playing, I realized that the one group of them on the couch were all supposed to be moms but then I saw Bullseye with them.  I asked her whose parent Bullseye was and she said, "He's not.  He's a superhero."  The other day, they were all running away and hiding from "the hunter" who was trying to kill them.  Yeah, she really has an imagination.


And then there was this Friday evening:

Kevin had bagged up the garbages but left one big one opened for when we emptied the little garbages.  SOMEONE got into the bag and scattered garbage around till they found what was apparently smelling so good in there.  :-)


I had my suspicions but they were confirmed when I found this telltale clue in Buster's cage: 

There was a half of a box of fries that had gotten thrown out.  I don't know if he grabbed the whole thing and took it back to the safety of his cage or if the fries spilled out, he ate them, and then took the box back to make sure there was no good flavoring left on the box that he missed.  Either one is likely.  Even though we don't have any other animals, when he gets something special, he acts as if he's afraid someone or somthing is going to take it from him so he takes it into his cage.  I guess in his mind, no one can get it in there.  And yes, he would take a food wrapper or container and keep it and lick it until there is certainly no more flavor.

3 comments:

The Taylors said...

Ha!! I didn't know Buster was that smart! (To sniff out yummy trash).
That french fry box made me giggle-ridiculous! Dippy dog.

Your Kay girl is a sweetie!

Lynette said...

I have to admit Garmin might have a unique name but sure is a cute little thing !

Leah & Jon said...

Cute! I used to make up families with my stuffed animals but never had such a variety! Why isn't dumbo Ellie's brother? :)