Saturday, April 14, 2012

Animal Kingdom - Part 3


This is the last of the pictures from Animal Kingdom and then I will be posting some Easter pictures.

I really love this picture.  I can't look at it without laughing.  This is another "prop" back in Asia.  Our pose turned out perfectly.  Joy looks like she is panicked driving in the crowded streets of China and I look like I'm just as happy as a... well, as an Asian riding around China in a tuk tuk.  :-D
  I just recently looked up some pictures of vehicles like this in Asia, and I discovered that they are called tuk tuks, which, in my opinion, has to be the best name ever for a such a funny looking vehicle.


It was also a nice resting spot.  We had stopped and pulled out some snackes to try to re-energize ourselves so the seat in the tuk tuk was a nice spot to sit and rest.


I know that I already posted a picture of all of us in front of the Tree of Life, but see, this is the BACK side of the tree. 
 :-)  (Actually it really is)



Playing the drums back in Africa.




We took the train back to the petting zoo area at Animal Kingdom. I kind of wish that we would have skipped that part and gone on the safari earlier since we didn't get a real great safari this time.
One of Kaelyn's favorite things about the petting zoo here is that they have brushes so that you can brush the animals. She loves to do that!



The last time we were at AK we saw these baby pigs but they were back in one of the fenced in areas.  They had them out and were letting them run around this time.  I'm not a big "pig person/fan" (if there is such a thing) but these little things were cute




Wouldn't you like to have one of these cuties in your back yard?



On the train ready to head back to the main part of the park.


I find the meerkats very entertaining and interesting.  There is always one or two of them doing sentry duty and then they switch off.  They say that they make two different warning sounds: one sound if there is a predator spotted in the air and another sound if the predator is a land predator.


I didn't get many great pictures on the safari but we did get to see the cheetahs a lot better than you can normally see them.  Often they are lying in the shade and are harder to spot.  They were up and pacing around this time.
And now, to choose which pictures from Easter I want to post.

No comments: