Thursday, April 19, 2012

A few more pictures from our visit to the farm:


When I read the flyer about this event, I wasn't sure what it meant when it said that there were going to be barrel train rides.  Kaelyn called it the corn train which was probably just as fitting.  They had taken huge barrels, cut one side off, put little seats in them and made them into a train that was pulled by some kind of four-wheeler.  It was super cute and Kaelyn loved it.  She rode it twice while we were there.


Kay in her "corn cob".  She HAD to have some of her pals with her of course.


On the wagon waiting for the hay ride to start.


This was a [pretty huge] ice cream freezer and the motor being used to crank it.  They were selling home made ice cream along with barbecue pork, chicken, hot dogs and roasted corn on the cob.


Dying eggs.


I eventually persuaded her to lay her pals on the table next to her so it would be easier for her to get the eggs out of the dye.


I seriously don't know what I would do without this girl and this smile - and a lopsided pair of pink bunny ears!!!




Writing her name on the eggs.



Searching for Easter eggs along a couple of the LONG rows of tomatoes.

I said, "Kevin, if you're not going to get all of me in the picture, would you please at least make sure half of me is in the picture?"  ;-)  Actually, I cropped the picture myself and should have cropped it a little tighter to get all of me out of the picture.  I look like, "OH - HO LOOKIE THERE!  YOU FOUND ONE!"  (Sorry, just in one of those weird moods tonight.)


The goats had this whole "playground" with ramps and treehouse looking things.  Kevin was wondering why they had all that and he said, "Do they even use it?"  I assured him they probably did but as long as there were lots of people around with buckets of food, they were staying close to the fences.  Later in the day when we were over near them we saw one of the goats up on one of the ramps.



This tractor was out front of the main building (the store) and kids were welcome to climb up on it as evidenced by the crates on the ground used as step stools.

Not everyday that you see an Easter bunny driving a tractor is it?  By the way, speaking of bunnies, bunny ears are only cute on young children like this but not so much on adults!  Just a little observation Kevin and I made on this Saturday before Easter.  :-)

Next is pictures from Easter Sunday and hopefully soon, soccer pictures.  That's right, Kaelyn is starting soccer tomorrow night for the first time.  It's special needs soccer where each little soccer player has an older child who teams up with them and helps them.  Several of the kids from her class at school are also playing and she is SUPER excited.  I'm not sure how I feel but... more on that after tomorrow night I guess.  :-)

No comments: