Monday, November 24, 2008

Memory Lane

I was browsing through LOTS of old pictures on the computer the other night and I decided that I wanted to do a slideshow from each of Kaelyn's Christmases so far. I'll admit it's mostly just for my benefit but a couple more of you might enjoy the old pictures too. Most of the pictures are of Kay with a few others mixed in. Luckily for you all, Kaelyn has only had 3 Christmases so far. I typically would probably sit down and do them all at once but given the fact that I am using a borrowed computer for a limited time in the evening, that's not really practical. By the time I had to download smilebox, download quick player, download my music, AND get all the pics. I wanted off my computer on to a jumpdrive, it was such a time consuming ordeal that I'm surprised I got as much blogging done as I have tonight.
Anyway... this is Kay-Kay's first Christmas. She was 7 months old and she was pretty wide-eyed at everything. The first 2 Christmases that Kevin and I were married, we flew to NY before Christmas and stayed Christmas eve at the Desmond in Albany. It is a very, very, very nice hotel that typically costs a lot more but because there was almost NO ONE staying there we got really good rates and free upgrades to whole suites both years. We did our own Christmas at the Desmond on Christmas morning and then we went to family's for the rest of the holidays. The pictures you will see toward the end of the slideshow were taken at Upper Canada Village where there is a whole pioneer village that is turned into a festival of lights at Christmas time. We took a horse and wagon ride around, bought fresh homemade bread, and ate in a restaurant there. Every single building is completely outlined in LED lights and sometimes they are coated with ice. It is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL - and ABSOLUTELY FREEZINGLY COLD! By the end of the slideshow I think maybe you'll see why we decided to keep her(Kaelyn)! :)
Click to play Christmas 2005
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: