Friday, November 7, 2008

Trip to New York

This past weekend, Kay-Kay and I made a VERY SHORT trip to New York for my youngest sister Joy's thirteenth birthday. For some reason I never remember to get many pictures when I am with my family because there is always so much going on. Rachel and Leah have both already posted pictures so I am just going to post a few of our actual trip. We left West Palm Beach at 7:00 Saturday morning, got into Syracuse a few minutes after 11:00 and then met up with my mom and sisters in Wattertown (about an hour from the airport) for lunch. From there we all rode the other 2 hours to my parents where we went straight into a party for Joy. Kay-Kay and I were exhausted! She slept about 30 minutes on one plane and maybe an hour on the way to my parents but that was all! She LOVED the plane ride. Even though she has been flying since she was just a baby, this was the first time that she really understood anything that was going on. She loved looking out the window and was excited to see other airplanes, the clouds, etc. She was great on the plane for which I was very thankful. We spent Sunday and Monday at my parents and then had to leave first thing Tuesday morning for the airport. Kay-Kay really loved playing with her cousins this time and we all had a great time but it was just way too short. We happened to be on the same flight as Rach and John from Syracuse to D. C. but then we were supposed to go to Palm Beach while Rach and John were going to fly into Orlando. As it turned out, the flight from Syracuse was delayed and I wasn't going to be able to make my connecting flight in D.C. My options were to sit in D.C. for 5 hours till I could get another flight to Palm Beach or change my flight to Orlando and ride home with Rach and John so I opted to go to Orlando. Instead of getting into West Palm at 4:30 in the afternoon, we ended up getting into Orlando around 6:00, then we still had to drive a couple more hours. We got to Rach and John's around 9:00 where Kevin met us. (I was extremely thankful I had the option to go to Orlando rather than spend hours at the airport and Rach and John were very gracious to let me ride back with them!) By the time I got [completely] home, it was almost 10:00 and I had to get everything around to teach the next day. I taught Wed., Thurs., and Fri., went to a school social Friday night (with Kevin and Kay), and then spent most of today at the Stuart airshow so I am exhausted!
My computer is having issues. There is a (?) pin loose internally so my computer will not charge the battery. Kevin will put my battery in his computer so it will charge then we switch batteries and I use it till it runs down in about 45 minutes. My computer will have to be taken apart to have the part replaced - SUPER BUMMER! That's why I have not been able to keep up with my blogging. I was hoping it was just my power cord but of course it couldn't be that easy! Oh well, so goes life!


Looking out the window of the airplane.




Kay-Kay got a kick out of pulling one of our
carry-on bags around when she discovered
that she could pull it.


Child labor! :)


This was when we got into Syracuse and were
waiting for John to get there. She was playing
with the "motel reservations" phone.


Joy and Kaelyn Sunday morning after church.


Kay-Kay after church

Rachel let her ride on the suitcase when we got off the
shuttle bus and walked to the car.

A fun ride

5 comments:

The Taylors said...

No problem, you know that. Wasn't like we weren't coming this way anyway. :-p

Lynette said...

I'm with you on the pictures thing.As soon as we got home I was wishing I had pictures to post but I guess that's what we get for being too lazy:)


Do you ever sound the security words out or is it just a funny quirk of mine?

Becky said...

I don't if I sound them out all the time but sometimes I do if I think it looks almost like a word. :)
If I could wear my camera on a cord around my neck, I might have better luck! I guess we depend on Rachel for the pics. just like we did for the speech ;) Poor Rach!

The Taylors said...

Oh, my sweet John is still convinced it IS a word, it does after all say "word verification." I have tried to tell him I think that is a liberal use of the word "word". And yes Net, I sound them out.

Anonymous said...

My word for the day is outhipe.

Don't want to know what that is, or where it comes out of.

-Kevin