Sunday, November 9, 2008

Kaelyn's first time to bowl

Well, my blogging has become an interesting process. Kevin is letting me use his computer to blog but I have already loaded most of my pics. to my computer so... I uploaded all the pictures on this post to blogger from my computer. That took up a lot of my battery time so I just saved the post, then jumped onto Kevin's computer to type the post. This is going to try my patience!

Friday night my school had a family "social" which [this time] was bowling. When they did it last year, we had quite an issue because Kaelyn wanted to play with the balls which for obvious reasons, didn't work very well. This time, we paid for the lane beside us and Kevin got her the smallest bowling ball they had, which was still very heavy but she COULD lift it - barely. For those of you who do not bowl, the balls come back automatically. Once she figured out the process, she did it for the WHOLE TIME we were there. She would peek down into the machine while she waited for her ball to return, then she would hoist it up, put it on the (?) rack thingy (not sure what it's called but it's for kids to use so they don't actually have to roll the ball down the lane) and then repeat the process. She did it over and over again and never seemed to get bored with it! We shouldn't have been suprised though as this is the same child who likes to (over and over) make various objects "slide" or roll down anything she thinks things will slide off of.


This was when Kevin was first showing her how to
put the ball up on the "whatever".


Watching it go!


Letting it go all by herself.


Watching for her ball to come out.


Lifting the ball off the ball return (we were sure she
was going to drop it and break a toe!)


She quickly learned which ball was hers (by the color
of it). (Each ball return is for two lanes.)


Watching it roll down onto the lane.


The crazy thing was that she got SEVERAL
spares, which is where you knock all the pins
down in two tries.
P. S. Forgive my lack of knowledge of bowling terms for any of you who might bowl. This was only the second time I have ever been (the first time being at the last bowling family social last year). I am more familiar with trying to get an orange ball through a hoop rather than rolling a "too heavy" ball just to try to knock some little white things down!

No comments: