Monday, September 27, 2010

Halloween Costume

This is another post that I had decided I was not going to share until I had my "startling revelation" while reading back through my blog the other night.  :)  Kaelyn is going to be Jessie from the Toy Story movies for Halloween. I figured I would be posting enough pictures of Kaelyn in her costume when she actually goes trick-or-treating and well, it doesn't really matter all the other reasons why I decided I shouldn't post the pictures even though I thought they were just so cute.  Normally, she has only dressed up before because she loves the character that she's dressing up as but she can barely tolerate the feel of the costumes (dresses) because of her sensory issues.  She will leave them on for a bit and then she's done with it all.  So her Jessie costume came the other day (we ordered it online) and she wanted to put it on.  After I got it on her and took some pictures of her, she said, "Maybe we can just wear our Jessie costume at the brown house."  She calls home the brown house because ---- our house is brown of course.  :)  And "wearing the costume at the brown house" meant she wanted to leave it on.  So she wore it all that afternoon and evening.  When Kevin got home from work, he referred to her as Jessie and made some comment about thinking she was Jessie.  She was very amused and believed that he really thought she was the "real" Jessie.  She said, "No, I'm Kaelyn."  :)  It was kind of cool to us that she actually enjoyed wearing the costume and she remembers going trick-or-treating at the mall last year so she actually kind of knows what's going on this year.  She has gone a little bit the other direction with her interest in the costume:  she wanted to wear it to bed that night - "no";  she wanted to wear it to school the next day - "definitely no" (she settled for putting it on as soon as she got home from school Friday); she wanted to wear it grocery shopping Saturday - got in trouble for acting naughty when we said "no"; AND she wanted to wear it to church Sunday - "definitely, definitely NO!"  :)  This year, we are going to "Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party" at Magic Kingdom for our trick-or-treating so she's doubly excited.  She will get to see some characters that normally aren't there and some of the traditional characters will be "dressed up" in costumes.  Then you basically walk around to lots of different spots in the park to get candy.  We are actually going this weekend since the crowds get larger and larger the closer to Halloween it gets.  So I'm sure there will be a lot more fun pictures but here are a few I've taken in the last few days.


When we were at Disney last time and Kaelyn got to see Jessie, Jessie was posing for some of the pictures holding her fingers up like guns.  Kaelyn didn't really know what it was supposed to be but she was amused and fascinated with it so naturally as soon as I got the camera out to take pictures of her, she tried to figure out how to hold her fingers like Jessie.





She was watching a movie here.  She saw me come over with the camera and obligingly gave me a grin meanwhile never taking her eyes off her movie.  I wasn't trying to get her to look at me anyways so it was okay.






I just LOVE this one that I caught a bit later.  The hat is not very "deep" so we are going to have to put some string or elastic on it to get it to stay on.  Despite the fact that it kept falling off, she insisted on wearing it even though we kept having to put it back on her.



1 comment:

The Taylors said...

This so made me smile...even before I read your journaling I knew she was trying to make guns of her fingers...made me chuckle. Glad she is loving the costume this year!
And for the record, I would have allowed her to go grocery shopping looking like Jessie, church, not so much so! :-D