Sunday, September 19, 2010

This Past Week

The end of this last week was a bit crazy for us - not all bad and not all great.  From Wednesday to Friday: we went to a circus and Kaelyn went for her first elephant ride, Kaelyn lost her first tooth, we found out that Kaelyn would be switching schools so she can be in an ESE kindergarten (things were going even worse at school than we realized), we visited her new school and she had her last day of school here in Hobe Sound Thursday, and we went to Disney on Ice.  Like I said, it wasn't all bad but it was enough to leave us a little... dazed maybe.  So Kay starts at her new school tomorrow, which means we have another rough transition time ahead of us but ultimately, I think it is a better situation for her.  I could expound on each one of those happenings much more, particularly the draining meeting at the school and the emotions we have gone through but I will spare you all that.  I'll try to keep the comments brief as I have a LOT of pictures to share.  (Fortunately, I think there are a few grandparents and other relatives who just might like seeing LOTS of pictures.)  If you are on facebook, you [may] have seen some (but not all) of these pictures earlier in the week.

Mommy and Kay at our first circus.


She wanted to ride an elephant SO desperately bad!


She was yelling down, "Hi Mommy!"  :)




This was very exciting to her.


Daddy and Kaelyn in front of the elephants.
(By the way, see the sphere in the background?  Two and then three guys on dirt bikes rode inside of that riding completely around the sides in a circle and then circling each other going upside down from top to bottom!  I should have posted a pic. of the girl who did 80 hula hoops at one time too!)



I can't believe she's old enough to be losing teeth (though I think she is a bit younger than some kids are when they start losing teeth).



We were afraid she would flip out when it came out because she doesn't know anything about losing teeth.  I only noticed it was loose about 2 weeks ago so I had been trying to explain to her what would happen.  Then I guess it just fell out when she was eating lunch at school Thursday.   When I went to pick her up, her tooth was out.  No one saw it I guess and they didn't know where it went.  She was actually excited (we had explained about getting a quarter) so it went much more smoothly than we thought it might.


I keep having her say "sister Susie sittin' on a thistle" because she sounds so funny and cute.  She doesn't really understand why but she realizes it's entertaining and now, she gets a kick out of saying it.  :)



Disney On Ice.  As usual, a great show.  We had never seen this one before.  It was "Little Mermaid, Lilo and Stich", "Lion King" and "Peter Pan" along with, of course, the "hosts" of the show Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, and Goofy.


Waiting for the show to start.




I just LOVE this picture!


Goofy takes a tumble.  (This wasn't an accident of course, it's because Goofy's always clumsy so naturally he falls on the ice several times)  :)



Micky and Minnie get ready to "go to Hawaii" for the Lilo and Stich part of the show.



The Darling children and Peter Pan "fly" off to Neverland.



Captain Hook and Smee search for Peter Pan and the Lost Boys.


Kaelyn after the show.  (changed into her pajamas and ready for the late and long drive home - about an hour and 15 minutes)

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Cute pictures. I dont think Ive ever ridden an elephant.. she has one up on me :(

Sorry things have been rough.. Just remember, God knew about all this before you ever did.. and he knows whats best for you all. I trust everything starts calming down for you guys soon!