Thursday, August 27, 2009

And if I don't have anything else to do...

... I clean marker off the walls, sink, and bathtub. I was out cleaning the kitchen and Kaelyn had been in the living room coloring. And then she wasn't there anymore. I had this sinking feeling when I went walking back to the little bathroom because I had heard her talking and giggling delightedly to herself and I had a feeling I knew what she was up to. I walked in and saw red marker ALL OVER the bathroom and all over her. She had then climbed up on the counter and turned the water on and was attempting to stick her face down under the faucet (yeah, that didn't work out so well for her) to clean her face off. I said, "Give me that marker", snatched the marker away from her, turned around and walked out without saying anymore - I knew I would regret it later in life if she was maimed because of the "red marker" incident when she was four (Kidding about hurting her of course but I was quite upset.) LATER, after some deep breaths, I took some pictures. Actually though, it didn't turn out too badly because the folks at Crayola are geniuses. Washable crayons and markers are probably one of the greatest inventions ever known to mothers! It literally only took some damp paper towels to clean up, even on the regular wall. And here I have been so thrilled that she is starting to take in interest in coloring and things like that that require use of fine motor skills. :)
P. S. If any of you would like a mural painted - more like scribbled actually - on any of your walls, I am hiring Kaelyn out for it. (Sadly this isn't the first time she has "decorated" the walls)


Some of the walls she colored in the shower.


The edge of the bathtub.


The wall and part of the counter.


Sink and counter.


She had gone into our bathroom where she
could see herself in the mirrors and was
giggling as she scribbled all over her face.


She obligingly posed for a picture. I didn't
ask her to grin - I wasn't really in the mood.
But since that's what you do when you take
a picture, she gave me this huge grin, which
kind of fit the whole picture.

6 comments:

The Taylors said...

I wonder if the folks at crayola can come up with a washable marker that writes well on noses... I find my own a bit oily of an afternoon for regular ones. Looking at the pics, I can almost hear the delighted giggle.

signed,
an uncle

Leah & Jon said...

I'm sorry for you, but this just made me laugh! I especially LOVED the last couple of her cheesin' with marker all over her face! You'll both love these someday! :-)

P.S.
I remember writing my name in green crayon in the carpet in NC and then trying to deny it... it didn't really work since it was my name! :-)

Valerie said...

Oh wow! She really did a good job of getting it everywhere too! I gotta say, I would be pretty upset! So glad it came off for you! I'm sure it will be funny one day! lol

Mike and Heather said...

That is so cute!! And funny, although I probably wouldn't have been amused at the time either :) I bet sometime down the road though, you'll miss this :)

Lynette said...

She really thought she was doing an entire bathroom makeover ,didn't she?That's great!

Leah & Jon said...

Beck, I told Mama & Daddy about the marker incident. Mama laughed and Daddy said it wasn't fair that the marker was so washable now days! :-)