Friday, September 4, 2009

Making snowflakes

My dear daughter was at it again today. I heard the water running in the sink back in the little bathroom this afternoon. I didn't really think that much about it at first because earlier today, Kaelyn had gone back there and was playing with a bottle - filling it up, dumping it out, etc. She wasn't really hurting anything so I let her be (though she did end up quite damp). This time though after a little while I realized I still heard the water running so I went back to check it out. It certainly wasn't as tragic as it could have been (at least she hadn't plugged the sink or anything). She had gotten her shampoo off the bathtub and then climbed up on the counter and she had used up the rest of the bottle of shampoo. A few weeks ago the top had broken off of the lid otherwise she wouldn't have been able to get it open. There wasn't a lot in the bottle to start with but it certainly wasn't empty before. There were soap bubbles in the sink and on the counter and all over her. I grabbed my camera and went in to video her. I asked her what she was doing and by her own account, she was "making snowflakes". She shouldn't even know what snowflakes are since she's a Florida girl! You can hear my amusement on the video when she tells me that because I was a little surprised by her answer. I went and put my camera back and then went back in to get her and she was "washing her hair". At least that's what I'm guessing she was trying to do. She was rubbing a bunch of shampoo into the front of her hair till it was all matted to her head. I actually think that all of Kaelyn's antics recently might be my own mom's fault because I think she prayed all during my childhood that I would have days like this if I ever had kids of my own. :) What's more, I'm sure she (my mom) will find this all quite amusing - I don't know why - I was always such a a sweet, calm child that never had these "creative" ideas like my daughter has. Although I do remember spraying the bathroom spray on the bathroom walls lots of times when I was a kid pretending I was spray painting and that was one of the things my mom DIDN'T know about at the time(s). So anyway, Kaelyn's happily making snowflakes singing all the while and the sad thing about this whole story is that she was home sick today - supposedly. The school called me yesterday around lunch time because Kaelyn had a fever of 102. She hasn't had a fever at all today but has been coughing a bit and just seems run down and tired - well, at least she did earlier in the day. So I've decided, next time SHE GOES TO SCHOOL - unless I know she's dying, she WILL go to school. :) And Mama, you can stop praying now that I will have a kid just like myself. :)


The now empty bottle of shampoo.


You can't really tell it here but I was trying to get
a picture of all the soap in the front of her hair.



1 comment:

The Taylors said...

I think technically you can't even scold when she is so blissfully unaware of any wrong doing! :)...Told John here I was so offended as a youngster at being accused of using too much bathroom spray when everyone should have known one only uses as much as is needed...turns out there was a REASON she thought too much was being used and it wasn't me!! LOL I feel vindicated on some level. :-)